B&Q selling birch plywood!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you hated doing birch ply carcases :unsure:

Not at all, do a lot of them, surprised at myself if I've said that in the past.
Not my preference personally, I'd prefer a veneered carcase or MFC. I fing birch ply a bit lacking in tone.

Not at all, do a lot of them, surprised at myself if I've said that in the past.
Not my preference personally, I'd prefer a veneered carcase or MFC. I fing birch ply a bit lacking in tone.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek......It was about a comment you made in a thread on here where people were praising birch ply in favour of MFC which they considered to be the work of the devil.

MFC is the most practical material for kitchen carcases, although veneered or birch ply is probably considered more upmarket.

I realise you may not want to divulge, but I'd be interested to know how you attach face frames to carcases. I'm just helping a small joinery shop set up a product range and they want to do wardrobes, but I've not yet cussed out an easy mechanical fastening for the face frames. Maybe yours are glued on.

I realise you may not want to divulge, but I'd be interested to know how you attach face frames to carcases. I'm just helping a small joinery shop set up a product range and they want to do wardrobes, but I've not yet cussed out an easy mechanical fastening for the face frames. Maybe yours are glued on.

Glue and biscuits
Big frames, if they need to be flat pack, biscuits and pocket holes.

A few years back B&Q were selling 18mm birch ply, solid 1 side, think it was £33 incVAT. Bought what I could store, cheapest locally unless you could take a full pack. As you say, the other stuff is rubbish

Latest posts

Back