B&Q selling birch plywood!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Bit odd that it's listed but they don't sell it and if they did it wouldn't be 20 quid a sheet 😂

In fact has B&Q every sold Birch Plywood?

Would actually be handy if they did. 😆

IMG_20210130_185445.jpg

£20 is very good, if it was real.
I just bought 25 sheets of 18mm at £33 plus vat a sheet and thought that was pretty good

that is a good price considering Dr Bob. Even Meyers have been more than that over the course of this year

Nearest B&Q to me has prices for plywood and OSB bordering on extortion.
up to 50% more than the builders merchant.

that is a good price considering Dr Bob. Even Meyers have been more than that over the course of this year
Yes I thought so as well, it was a BB/ CP board. That means it's good on one face with just a few patches, and the back is a poorer colour. It was all for carcases, so the patches I can work round and the backs are not important.

£20 is very good, if it was real.
I just bought 25 sheets of 18mm at £33 plus vat a sheet and thought that was pretty good
I've recently bought 10 sheets at 40 + vat and thought that a good price. One supplier quoted at 65+vat! :rolleyes:

I've recently bought 10 sheets at 40 + vat and thought that a good price. One supplier quoted at 65+vat! :rolleyes:

I'm lucky I have a bit of buying power, I do about £6000 ex vat a month with our panel supplier.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen something unexpected in B&Q. A few years back, they were stocking waney-edge oak slabs! Maybe they still do... :unsure:

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen something unexpected in B&Q. A few years back, they were stocking waney-edge oak slabs! Maybe they still do... :unsure:
Yes they do, they aren't particularly big or thick. Mostly already plained and they seem expensive.
They also do PAR oak boards which are around £30 for 900x300x25

Judging by feedback on their ordinary ply I would worry about delaminating and gaps. Where do you get your Birch ply from? I've just paid £156 for 2 18mm B/BB sheets delivered incl VAT.

I would hold your breath or plan projects!

B & Q seems to have lots of phantom product listings.

Just saying.

Cheers James

Judging by feedback on their ordinary ply I would worry about delaminating and gaps. Where do you get your Birch ply from? I've just paid £156 for 2 18mm B/BB sheets delivered incl VAT.
That feedback is very much justified, their 18mm hardwood ply is terrible.

I’ve had some plywood from b&q that was absolutely great quality in the past. Think it just depends what batch they get delivered. £20 though - can’t complain at that!

Louis

Yes I thought so as well, it was a BB/ CP board. That means it's good on one face with just a few patches, and the back is a poorer colour. It was all for carcases, so the patches I can work round and the backs are not important.
I thought you hated doing birch ply carcases :unsure:

notice the hardwood ply had gone up in b&q too, sure I bought a sheet last year for £35 to make a workshop stand for something - £40 now

Back