B&Q pine stripwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattb_1983

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the moisture content is normally like I don't want to use it and it warp after a day or 2 but I'm not wanting to buy expensive wood for this project as its going to be a bit of an experiment/ practice

It’s normally pretty dry, but bundled up so it stays straight in the pack but when released off it goes. It’s not all bad though, depends just how straight you need it

Aidan

I feel many learning curves are on my way I do allot of rudimentary carpentry with construction lumber for work and just dipping my toes into the world of furniture creation and carving as a hobby with the hope of a possible career change down the line

Tiddles is dead right. I have had plenty of banana wood from diy sheds. You are much better off going to a timber or builder's merchant that sells lots of timber - their customers won't put up with rubbish. I know doing it this way is more intimidating than picking up a shrink wrapped bundle from B&Q, but I have always found staff to be helpful to the inexperienced.

Jim

I buy bundle packs from Wickes, no problem with it for boxing in, wall battens etc... I don’t buy my wood for veneers and inlays from them, set your expectations to reality and buy accordingly.

Thanks all think I'll head up to the local wood merchants have a chat with them and buy something fit for purpose with the amount I need its only going to be a few notes so might as well start as I mean to go on

Latest posts

Back