B&Q customers ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pren

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in B&Q this evening looking for some gloss paint. In the aisle next to me, I overheard these two women talking about a tin of Sandtex Front Door paint.

Woman 1: 'Here you are, this looks ok .... oh wait, we need Back Door paint, don't we?'

Woman 2: 'yeah. I can't see it here. Maybe it's on a different aisle.'

:shock: :lol:

having worked in B&Q for the past two years, I can totally believe that you overheard that! Haven't had one quite as bad as yours, but a customer once asked me if a drill could be used to drill holes as well, because they wanted something that could only be used to drive screws!!

regards,

michael

I do find it interesting how often you come across really quite dense people. What's that all about?

I do find it interesting how often you come across really quite dense people. What's that all about?

Wizer, that's a bit unfair. Most women are not programmed for this sort of thing and most of it is really quite alien to them. The fact that they are having a go at doing something for themselves, even if it's a joke to others, doesn't mean to say they're dense.

It's a funny story all the same and even swimbo chuckled at it.

Regards

John

plymouth pirate":38u0whvn said:
Most women are not programmed for this sort of thing and most of it is really quite alien to them. The fact that they are having a go at doing something for themselves...
OMG! Now I'm by no means any kind of sexual equality campaigner but unless I am very much mistaken those two sentences are quite possibly some of the most sexist and patronising things I have ever read!!!

I can just see the conversation between you and your missus now...

You want to paint the door love? Hahahaha, don't you worry your pretty little head about it, leave this to me, you would never understand the mechanics of it!

Haha, I do hope Mrs O reads this! :D

my brother in law recently told his fiancee that if she washed her car she would "do it wrong"

her response " fine - i'll stay in doors in the warm while you demonstrate how to do it propperly"

women - they arent as daft as you might think ;)

TrimTheKing":qmpkdm41 said:
plymouth pirate":qmpkdm41 said:
Most women are not programmed for this sort of thing and most of it is really quite alien to them. The fact that they are having a go at doing something for themselves...
OMG! Now I'm by no means any kind of sexual equality campaigner but unless I am very much mistaken those two sentences are quite possibly some of the most sexist and patronising things I have ever read!!!

You want to paint the door love? Hahahaha, don't you worry your pretty little head about it, leave this to me, you would never understand the mechanics of it!

He is from Plymouth :D

Anyway, back to the OP, did they find that back door paint as ours could do with a quick lick

Ironballs":38j607eg said:
TrimTheKing":38j607eg said:
plymouth pirate":38j607eg said:

He is from Plymouth :D

Anyway, back to the OP, did they find that back door paint as ours could do with a quick lick

its in aisle 0 next to the left handed spanners , and just down from the tins of elbow grease

Trim The Queen.
You're obviously a git. There is and always will be a difference. Its pratts like you that prolong the agony.

And Ironballs, I may be 67 but take the water out of Plymouth and I'll meet you anywhere for a fight :twisted:
Regards
John

plymouth pirate":9llvr45r said:
Trim The Queen.
You're obviously a git. There is and always will be a difference. Its pratts like you that prolong the agony.

And Ironballs, I may be 67 but take the water out of Plymouth and I'll meet you anywhere for a fight :twisted:
Regards
John

:lol: I don't know if this post was meant to be a joke, but it made me laugh. Please tell me you are not serious.

plymouth pirate":1nxd9utp said:
Regards
John

Do you need a volunteer to hold your handbag?

You may be 67 but you sound like a 16 year old chav. Grow up.

Come on lads, let's not get all hot under the collar.

(But if there is a fight, can I watch? :lol: )

I'm off to let my missus out of the kitchen....

oh look a load of teddies on the floor - would you like them put back in your pram now :roll:

pren":387b8vhr said:
I was in B&Q this evening looking for some gloss paint. In the aisle next to me, I overheard these two women talking about a tin of Sandtex Front Door paint.

Woman 1: 'Here you are, this looks ok .... oh wait, we need Back Door paint, don't we?'

Woman 2: 'yeah. I can't see it here. Maybe it's on a different aisle.'

:shock: :lol:

And remember they most probably got into a motorcar and drove away afterwards. I wonder if they knew what a red light means on the top of a traffic pole.

plymouth pirate":14xkh6sk said:
Trim The Queen.

Regards
John
Haha, yes, clearly by pointing out that you made some sexist comments (intentionally or otherwise) that makes me a git and continued lack of sexual equality is my fault!

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you as it's clearly pointless. Everyone is brave behind the anonymity of their keyboard.

Face it, you wrote, on a public forum, and I quote "Most women are not programmed for this sort of thing and most of it is really quite alien to them.". Now please correct me if I am wrong, but the word 'Most' infers Majority, so you have just essentially said that the majority or the worlds female population is incapable of reading and understanding different types of paint.

Good talking to you. Make sure you don't foget this on your way out.

baby-dummy.thumbnail.jpg

TrimTheKing":1ct969ck said:
plymouth pirate":1ct969ck said:
Trim The Queen.

Regards
John
Haha, yes, clearly by pointing out that you made some sexist comments (intentionally or otherwise) that makes me a git and continued lack of sexual equality is my fault!

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you as it's clearly pointless. Everyone is brave behind the anonymity of their keyboard.

Face it, you wrote, on a public forum, and I quote "Most women are not programmed for this sort of thing and most of it is really quite alien to them.". Now please correct me if I am wrong, but the word 'Most' infers Majority, so you have just essentially said that the majority or the worlds female population is incapable of reading and understanding different types of paint.

Good talking to you. Make sure you don't foget this on your way out.

baby-dummy.thumbnail.jpg

You really do not think that women give a dung what we have got to say about them do you? :lol: Take a look around some of their sites and you will soon find that giving all we have got is timid in comparison to them. The day of the little woman stuck in the kitchen is long gone, and if she does not appear to know how to do this or that, you better ask yourself, are you her knight in shining armour, or a well used dummy. :wink: :sign3:

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

As I've said on here before, recently, I am painfully aware of this as my wife is both smarter (higher IQ, and mine's pretty good..where's my trumpet...;)), better paid, more successful career etc.

I am merely her eye candy and here to fix stuff she can't be bothered dealing with ;) I know my place.

Where's that pinny, I need to get the cleaning done before she gets back from lunch with the girls :oops: :lol:

Back