B*******g Up a Door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

The colour is chosen to match the rest of the building, which was possibly painted when all the old folks from when I was young were my age. I think we're now going to have to paint the rest of the woodwork to match this door. Bearing in mind most of the other doors are 10' x 10' I'm not looking forward to this. Not only is there a DPC in, it goes all the way round the frame from top to bottom with a foot overlap and there's another layer of polythene on the sill below the wedges, don't ask why, I didn't. I think we're expecting a typhoon, another 40 day flood plus a standard English climate. I'm still trying to work out how to get a decent bead of silicone round the front face with half a ton of "Satan's Snot" butting up to rough hewn brick on one side and 360 degree DPC on the other. I'm also doing this free-of-charge so may have to explain prior commitments when they want a Prince-Charles-Shaped leaded window fitted, to match a flowered flock interior finish in some shade just South of Violet!

Very nice. Just the sort of old door that can be saved-as you have shown- and should be.

Nice job, as said much better than a plastic set. Many man points acrewed for hand planing all that oak, not an easy task !

Back