Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

As some of you will know i have had a problem with a saw i bought from Axminster, and after placing a post a few of you recomended that i contact their M.D.
I emailed them and after explaining the problem again i asked for the name of their M.D. and today i received the following reply:

Dear Sir,

I apologize for the bad service you seemed to have received here. I would be happy to get the saw back from you for inspection because as you were told when you bought the saw, it is an excellent tool and it is rare for us to have a problem with them. I have forwarded a postage paid label to cover the postage for this.

On return we will inspect the saw and see what can be done from there. Thank you for bringing this problem to light as i feel this option should at least been offered to you over the phone.

The name of the Managing Director is Ian Styles however it may be better to write to our Senior Sales Manager , Alan Styles as Ian is out of the office for the next 2 weeks.

I have forwarded a copy of your email to Alan Styles so that he is aware of the situation.

Once again i apologize for the way you feel you have been treated over this problem and hope that we can get it resolve for you.

As i think you will agree this is not a bad reply. I will keep you up to date.

Regards

Mike.C

Nicely done Mike..... and 2 brownie points to Axminster; pity that it came to this in the first place, but to this untrained eye, that looks like a half decent recovery from a bad situation....

Well done, Mike.
Looks like it's sorting out nicely for you now, with the right response by Axminster, and perhaps the odd red face :oops: down there in Devon.

Cheers,

Trev.

Hi All,

I hate to talk to soon but those of you that said it might be down to just the operater and not Axminster themselves might be right. We will just have to wait and see.

Regards

Mike.C

Glad to see progress has been made, and hope you get a positive result.

I have a business that deals with thousands of customers a week and with the best will in the world, staff do sometimes let you down when they are dealing with customers complaints. That is business and that is life - I guess we have to deal with it the best we can.

A wise old friend of mine always said start off nice when you complain and work downwards from there.

I haven't been following the last topic that was locked as I was otherwise busy but it all started getting a bit heated eh?

Now lets all be friends eh

Hi Chronosoft

After the locked thread the subject moved on in a much nicer fashion under the thread title John Elliott. Read this and all will be revealed.

Best wishes

John

I jus luv happy endings - don't you :D

Glad to see they all kissed and made up. Life really is too short to argue, eat bad food and drink bad wine, I hope you all agree :wink:

Hang loose guys, hand loose

Back