Axminster Workshop AW2606B Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
It's one of the ones I've been considering. Fair depth of cut at 8", 14" width. Others were the RP350 and Sabre 350, both of which are pricey at £1k and £1.250.
They have it in their outlet, riced at 700, instead of 800, but with only a 3 month guarantee and i've put an offer in for 540, which with the 60 quid delivery and lesser guarantee seems a bit fairer a price to me, but its effectively a new saw.

A bit of an impulsive thing to do, but as said im in the market, its got the capacities i'm looking for and if i can get it at the 600, then thats a fair saving.
So heres hoping a new bandsaw comes my way :)

If anyone has this model, please let me know how you are getting on with it.

Last edited:
Cheap barstewards . They countered with 630+post @60, so 690 total. Currently theres an ebay voucher so i could have used that and got it for 649+the 60. With only a 3 month guarantee.

Brand new machine is currently 750 on their site, with a 3 year guarantee.
I think declining was the wise thing to do.

I really need to think twice and not get caught up in 2am impulsiveness :LOL:

I'd say you made the right choice. I think I looked at that one. Was it the one you posted in my bandsaw thread? I don't think it's worth the risk for a cheaply-made far-eastern machine with proven problems. If they offered a 3-year warranty, then perhaps... But as far as I remember reading, the 3-month warranty doesn't cover the original problem, which feels like a massive red flag. It should be covered if it's fixed and good enough to sell, IMO.

Back