• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Axminster White 250mm slide mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterm1000

Reaction score
I treated myself to a new sliding mitre saw so my old one is for sale. There's nothing really wrong with the old one, but I fancied something with speed control and better dust collection.

It's an AWSMS102 250mm sliding mitre saw with single bevel. Max crosscut is 90 X 305mm and it is light trade rated. I've only used it for DIY and weekend hobby woodworking so hasn't been used that much. It's all adjustable and is set up to cut accurately. The laser doesn't focus, but that may be an easy fix for someone as I think it may just be out of alignment. If you do buy, assume the laser doesn't work. I have fitted a zero clearance insert but I have the original also. The saw sat in my garage on a permanent bench setup without the wings which were in the shed. Hence the wings have a little surface rust. There's also some internal chips on the blade guard (don't ask - I did something dumb!) but it doesn't impact the operation. There is also a chunk taken out of the fence on the right hand side (a mystery how...) but it has been glued back and does not impact the operation of the saw. You can just about see the crack above the 2 inch mark on the right hand side of the fence.

I think I paid £175 for it 5 years ago. I'm asking £75 which I think is a fair price but do feel free to make offers. If I can't sell here I will list on Facebook and Ebay. Price dropped to £50.

I'm in Godalming which is about 5 miles south of Guildford. Due to the weight, I won't post but I could let someone send a courier. I have some basic bubble wrap type materials.

P1010100.JPG
P1010098.JPG

Last edited:
Price dropped to £50 as it's big and taking up room... If it doesn't sell in the next couple of days I'll sell it elsewhere

I responded by PM, but I didn't see a response... Yes, I can package up for a courier

Unfortunately this looks like it is too far from me up here on the Scottish border to risk a courier but for anyone local it’s a fantastic deal

Hi - sorry - missed the responses. Yes, I do still have it, but I didn't realise quite how enormous it would be to box up. I don't have a suitable box for it to go in... So it's still for sale, for £50 but collection only.

When I get round to it, I will probably put it on Ebay or Facebook

Back