Axminster Website Reviews

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMK54

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever seen a bad review on the Axminster website? I posted one for the Jet RDP-17F I discussed herein and it hasn't appeared. I assume they just 'lose' such bad reviews, or find a Terms and Conditions excuse not to publish them. I even left out all four letter words, spilled my wurds rite, and used punctuation too. I reckon the fact that I've raised a customer service issue, which Axminster refuses to acknowledge is a fault (apparently floppy spindles are all the rage in Monte Carlo this year), is an excuse not to publish a less than flattering review.

I've read reviews on the Axminster web site that say their 1" hollow chisel morticer, planers and lathes are superb machines.....but guess who won't be receiving my orders?

***** Please see all comments below - after seeing this post Axminster did publish my review verbatim *****

They do get some bad feedback

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... prod32501/

Frankly this is the first item that I have bought from Axminster that I have been very very dissapointed in. It is an extremely lightweight and flimsy construction and when I fitted my scroll saw with board on it it vibrated so much that it started to walk across the workshop. Certainly not worth the money. Don't buy, make a wooden stand instead which is what I now have to do!

I have posted good reviews and its taken a while for them to show. I have see a few bad reviews and if they no not allow the bad reviews to show it is against the consumer act.

I looked up the Jet drill you mention. One item in their "recommended items" was some safety specs - to go with the drill presumably. The specs only have a 2 star rating and here is the review and Axminster's comments.

I think this shows that bad reviews are included plus Aximinster actually read and act on them.

These glasses are not very comftable to wear, and the brittle plastic snapped after only a few weeks of occational use.
Might be OK if you only need to use them once or twice a year, otherwise find someting better.
Axminster replies: We value all feedback and this review has led us to look at and test our current stocks of this item. We believe that in the past we received a faulty batch of these glasses. Having now tested samples from our current stock holding we believe that the same issues no longer exist.

I've posted some negative reviews and they have appeared. To be honest, not to publish them would go against the ethos of Axminster, IMO, regardless of what the legislation might say.

studders":3dswsuyo said:
I posted a positive review in opposition to a bad one about a Bosch CS, it didn't appear?
Is it the Bosch GKS190 by any chance? I was looking at that saw a while ago but was put off by the negative comments.

Cheers,
Mark

mark aspin":eljsstwr said:
studders":eljsstwr said:
I posted a positive review in opposition to a bad one about a Bosch CS, it didn't appear?
Is it the Bosch GKS190 by any chance? I was looking at that saw a while ago but was put off by the negative comments.

Cheers,
Mark
Indeed it was. The only part of the neg review I agree with is the dust hose connector, it does come off too easily. The rip fence I never use anyway. For the money I think it's a very good saw, it's cut through all I've thrown at it.

OK thanks for the replies, it must be my acquired cynicism with suppliers and the fact that my pillar drill/LOUD NOISE GENERATOR is less than perfect that has made me too suspicious.

Good morning,

Sorry for the delay in posting your review. It is now live on the website. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, this is now being investigated.

Thanks,
Richard.

Back