Axminster - website misleading information

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that at the moment Axminster have a backlog processing orders. However, their website does not reflect this and is misleading suggesting next day delivery. DAMHIKT.

If you've paid extra for it at the checkout section, they have to abide by it? else I'd be asking for my money back.

This is fairly typical here, too - especially mid covid. I ordered something from LV a couple of months ago that was in stock (and it was), but the web page didn't convey the fact that it would take a week before it was shipped.

About two weeks later, I ordered something from LN - exactly the same thing happened except I don't remember their page mentioning stock. It was something I wanted to use in a comparative test and it held things up a little bit, but fortunately, their first email about delay time was in accurate. They mentioned targeting two weeks to get planes made, about a week went by and I had no notice of shipping and the plane I'd ordered arrived.

Given the circumstances, you can always call to have an order canceled I guess, but if they're too short staffed to get things packed timely (compounded at least initially by the fact that everyone is ordering stuff because they're at home), tying them up with cancellations probably isn't helpful.

Last question, I guess - if they aren't shipping orders right away, how long is the lead time?

(those of us here who have dealt with LN aren't really going to be surprised by the fact that their website may not as I recall even have any real time stock info - they're in maine, and businesses in maine tend to be ethical, less pushy, but often kind of do their own thing regardless of what the rest of the world is doing).

Latest posts

Back