Axminster turn down 20m Tools Order

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just been contacted by the police in Nortern Ireland with a request for assistance. It appears that a mysterious buyer tried to place an order for tools yesterday and wanted to pay in cash.

As the cash was 20m of Northern Ireland notes the staff became a little bit suspicious and refused to take the order.

The address given was to a large warehouse in Limavady. :ho2

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Neil

As it happens I was going to be rather kind (of the stuffed brown envelope type of kindness) to all my forum friends, you're well off the list, pal.

Noel, in an empty warehouse

Hi all

I would like to apologise if I have caused offence to anyone concerning this thread.

I have only just become aware of some of the details about families being held etc. and I was immediately horrified by this thread. I will delete the thread in twenty four hours.

My thoughts are with those poor families.

Neil

Hey no worries Neil. Believe me, most people overhere would rather see this type of activity (Tiger Kidnapping) than go back to the killing and maiming of the last thirty five years. Sure, was no fun for the bank staff and their families but nobody go seriously hurt and hopefully any emotional damage will pass. Out shopping last night, plenty of jokes about taking Northern Bank notes etc (we have our own notes here as well as the Bank of England variety). Pretty hardened bunch us lot.

Noel

Noely - if it's anything like when I was there, SB are probably in it up to their eyeballs... They always had the best potcheen available anywhere... For some reason, it was always in Smirnoff vodka bottles... :wink:

Shady,

Sorry, SB?
Word on the street is that it may, allegedly, apparently, have been an inside job. Who knows.
Poteen is clear (or should be) so I guess from a distance (Customs & Excise on the prowl) it's just a white spirit. Of course the fact that it's being sold at a car boot sale, country fair, the local cattle market etc might just give the game away.

Noel

Ah Poteen, I have an awful tale to tell.

Many years ago I belonged to a riding club and I used to organise the Christmas meal. One year, I shared the duties with Deirdre and she, having recently returned from Ireland, said that she would bring along some Irish water so that we could have a toast. I think the group that rode together on a Wednesday night were called the leprechauns or some other Irish name that Deirdre had decided upon.

So, the scene was set. Bottles of Irish water were placed on all of the tables. Now Deirdre couldn't remember why two of them had pink ribbon, but as they looked so good we would have these on our table. Two litres of water amongst eight people was just about right.

At the appropriate time the bottles of water were opened and generous portions poured for everybody. Then we drank the toast, as it was only water rather too heartily I fear.

It happened slowly at first, everybody else seemed to be functioning normally. We were in a terrible state, things became hazy and we slumped like nine pins back into our chairs.

I've never drunk Irish water again.

Cheers
Neil

Sorry Noely -Special Branch... The non-uniform boys who're focused on counter-terrorism... :wink:

Back