Axminster ts250m fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow woodworkers
Quick one for ye axminster ts250 owners anyone. Recently acquired this table after using a dewalt site saw for a few years. Induction motor and cast iron table sold me on it. But iv come to think il be going back to dewalt as axmister dont sell the extension anymore or any parts for the fence to go over 460mm at best. Any of ye have a fence for this model ud be interested in selling or have rigged up something to improve capacity??

Much appreciated,
Stephen

Attachments

• 16110937110902620491206760346639.jpg
    16110937110902620491206760346639.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 16110937368864721185811542470372.jpg
    16110937368864721185811542470372.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 62
Can’t help but that’s a very disappointing result from Axminster, I‘m sure when I bought my TS-250 I asked about spares availability and they proudly said that they keep spares for all their machines for a period of 10 years from the last date it’s sold...I’m even less inclined to buy from them again.

Cheers for the reply. Ya its annoying really nice quiet saw and the thought of going back to dewalt brushed motor is painfull. Wh creations on youtube bought his only 2 years ago so nowhere the ten years they state.

Two lengths. One for the front, one for the back, and a piece to fill in the gap in the middle.
Place them on, and drill right through both lengths and the alloy, countersink and on the back face lace the nuts.
You're just basically making an extension on whats there, simple as that.
Ive the same saw(came with its own problems(like the table is squint to the base ye gads, who made this rubbish)

Y
Two lengths. One for the front, one for the back, and a piece to fill in the gap in the middle.
Place them on, and drill right through both lengths and the alloy, countersink and on the back face lace the nuts.
You're just basically making an extension on whats there, simple as that.
Ive the same saw(came with its own problems(like the table is squint to the base ye gads, who made this rubbish)

Thanks for the reply. You wouldnt have any pictures of your set up to hand would you?? I just cant picture it. Is it lengths of steel either side or alluminium??
Sounnd

Y

Thanks for the reply. You wouldnt have any pictures of your set up to hand would you?? I just cant picture it. Is it lengths of steel either side or aluminum??
Sound

Sorry no, ive got the extension with the longer rip fence. Was just think of a solution for yourself.

You could use whatever, though maybe extruded alloy would be best.

Mental pic
Take a length of mdf and place it against the front of the fence
Now take an equal length of mdf and place it on the back of the fence.

So youre effectively encaptulating it in mdf. Probably for stiffness a piece on top. Like a long open ended box.

Short fence
Short fences are for cross cutting.

Sorry no, ive got the extension with the longer rip fence. Was just think of a solution for yourself.

You could use whatever, though maybe extruded alloy would be best.

Mental pic
Take a length of mdf and place it against the front of the fence
Now take an equal length of mdf and place it on the back of the fence.

So youre effectively encaptulating it in mdf. Probably for stiffness a piece on top. Like a long open ended box.

Short fences are for cross cutting.

I think your misunderstanding what im looking to do or maybe i havn't explained myself properly Im looking to increase the rip capacity of the saw not increase the length of the fence itself. Currently it will only rip to 450mm i want to increase the capacity to somewhere near 600mm.

Regards
Stephen

Oh i see now. Yes, though a longer fence is a good idea as it will be safer.

Hmmm.

Alternatively, build a narrow table, then loosen off the fence support and slide to over so the fence moves over to the right.
Looks like youve 9" to the left of the saw, so you could use that.
Means you cant place the fence on the left side of the table, but who ever does.

Or look towards inca for a complete fence plus guide rail - Thus -
p_tsls_main_zoom.png

Oh i see now. Yes, though a longer fence is a good idea as it will be safer.

Hmmm.

Alternatively, build a narrow table, then loosen off the fence support and slide to over so the fence moves over to the right.
Looks like youve 9" to the left of the saw, so you could use that.
Means you cant place the fence on the left side of the table, but who ever does.

Or look towards inca for a complete fence plus guide rail - Thus -
View attachment 101445
Ya seen that incra table looks some job to be fair but wayyyy over the budget😂😂. Ya good idea about moving the whole fence maybe. Ya the left hand side just gathers tools on the table only😂😂.

The answer then Mr Superchippy....is to make it in wood. ;)

Maybe Mathias has something :unsure: Check out you tube. MUST be something on there, you know how tight woodies are.

Have a look at the Charnwood universal fence. About £80 on ebay. It's pretty much a copy of yours but is 1000mm long. I have fitted one on my Holzmann TS200 and my dad has put one on his bandsaw. Nice but of ally for the money.

Have a look at the Charnwood universal fence. About £80 on ebay. It's pretty much a copy of yours but is 1000mm long. I have fitted one on my Holzmann TS200 and my dad has put one on his bandsaw. Nice but of ally for the money.

Ya thats looks what im looking for id say. Did it take much to modify it to your table saw. Appreciate the reply.

If I remember correctly the fence rail is fixed with T nuts, if so just loosen them and slide the rail along when you want to the extra capacity.

I bought the right hand extension table to get the fence rail. Do they perhaps have the right hand extension kit in stock?

Latest posts

Back