axminster ts250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boschboy

Established Member
Reaction score
does any members know were to get hold of a sliding mitre for a pre 2015 ts 250 thanks

Axminster?

Seriously, (a) their customer service is excellent, (b) they do carry a lot of spares, (c) there are many interchangeable parts with the TS200, and I think the sliding carriage system is one such.

It's also common-ish to other similar saws. If you look for images on Google you should see a lot with a similar rail - chances are they will either fit straight off, or can be made to. The arrangement is derived from the Kity 419 (at least it is on the old TS200), including an awkward bodge to get the heights to align properly. It shouldn't be too hard to make up brackets yourself if you can get the rail and carriage, and those are definitely common to a range of other brands.

Bear in mind too that the sliding carriages are not as wonderful as they seem. It's a small saw physically, and the track isn't very long. A proper panel saw is a very different beast. And if you fit a track in a small workshop, it gets in the way all the time it's not in use!

Does he mean the little mitre gauge and not the sliding table?

I'd agree with the comment about the sliding table I find I have to keep checking mine is still spot on, whereas a simple sled is much more reliable if it can handle the job.

Colin

I've never yet seen a factory sliding mitre that was accurate (on hobby machines).
Splash out on a UJK mitre fence from axminster.

If I werent so far away, I'd give you one of the many in my trash bin. 1 with every machine I've bought and none of them worth a ......

thanks for your replies ive binned the large sliding table only after the small mitre gauge for the slots in the table
as when I bought the machine it did not come with one thanks again

Back