Axminster TS-200-2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave-Jeffo

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening
I’m on the look out for a smaller size /portable table saw.

I have been looking at the dewalt 745 but Someone local to me is selling a second hand Axminster TS - 200 - 2 complete kit including a small shop vac and a homemade cyclone advertised at £500.

AD847E4A-7B8B-4FAF-AAF4-6E1122E4BF94.jpeg

8F29FCB5-4BBE-4A8A-A7EC-967CC28C7DC5.jpeg

Is it worth buying? Or should I just buy new and get the dewalt?

Thanks Dave

Attachments

• 20E939A3-F196-424F-BE8B-991CF912B095.jpeg
    20E939A3-F196-424F-BE8B-991CF912B095.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 430
  • AD847E4A-7B8B-4FAF-AAF4-6E1122E4BF94.jpeg
    AD847E4A-7B8B-4FAF-AAF4-6E1122E4BF94.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 489
  • 8F29FCB5-4BBE-4A8A-A7EC-967CC28C7DC5.jpeg
    8F29FCB5-4BBE-4A8A-A7EC-967CC28C7DC5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 489
To be that heavy the axminster must have a cast iron top?

In which case you need to be exact in what you want from the saw. I have the DW745, and its a very good saw for its price and weight, which is only 22 kgs.

If you really need a portable saw, then the dewalt is the one for you. You can even buy a wheeled stand for it.
If you want a small table saw for your workshop and are doing fine cuts, then the axminster wins.

If you can get the price down (the TS-200 kit was around £600 new at the beginning of this year), and you don't need portable, go for it!

Did that price included the side extension table, cast iron side mitre slide kit and stand? Just to confirm the TS200 does have a cast iron top.

Dave-Jeffo":tdbro0c4 said:
Good evening
I’m on the look out for a smaller size /portable table saw.

I have been looking at the dewalt 745 but Someone local to me is selling a second hand Axminster TS - 200 - 2 complete kit including a small shop vac and a homemade cyclone advertised at £500.

View attachment 8

Is it worth buying? Or should I just buy new and get the dewalt?

Thanks Dave
The home made cyclone doesn't look to be worth a lot to me.

For £500 this is OTT, for that money you can buy the new Axy AC216TS which is a big step up from the TS200.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

The AC216TS according to the description has 19mm mitre slots, which means lots of readily available accessories will fit, as Bodgers says would be a better buy, but it is heavy and not a portable saw, which is what you asked for on your post.

I feel like £500 is too much for this, personally.

I have a TS-220 with table and sliding carriage, and I don't think it's worth £500

sammy.se":vl0loh6x said:
I feel like £500 is too much for this, personally.

I have a TS-220 with table and sliding carriage, and I don't think it's worth £500

Agreed. Assuming it's in good condition, I usually expect about 1/3 off retail. But considering there is now an upgraded version of it, you could probably get even more off.

Thanks all! As my post was a little bit wollie, Il give a bit more background on what I’m wanting.
I currently have a large Startrite saw with full sliding table etc. It’s by far over kill for what I require. (I bought it cheap and got it to a useable/running state)

So I’m now wanting something smaller.. i am not particularly Fussed weather it is fixed or portable but I do like the thought of it being portable. I was liking the look of the dewalt and the reviews that I have read on it. I also like the fact that it’s portable (not that I particularly need this)
But then I noticed the Axminster for sale which caught my eye, this made me think should I sell my Startrite and buy a smaller saw like the Axminster.

I think you’ve all helped me make my mind up. I’m going to go for the smaller more portable dewalt and keep my Startrite if I need it.

Having said that, I may wait a week or so and throw a cheeky low offer out for the Axminster if it’s not sold.

Thanks again for all your advise

Dave

Back