Axminster tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi guys
Ive been offered a few axminster machines and was wondering what the general opinion was on them Bandsaws planers etc
Cheers Steve

Londonsteve":2cftvl9b said:
Hi guys
Ive been offered a few axminster machines and was wondering what the general opinion was on them Bandsaws planers etc
Cheers Steve

Steve,
You didn't mention which model the planer was ?

Steve,

I think a bit more info on model/age might be helpful; not all machines from any manufacturer are necessarily created equal, and it appears Axminster have swapped about their sourcing quite a bit over the years. In other words it's hard to generalise to any worthwhile degree.

Cheers, Alf

Well all i know so far is erm the machines are four years old , all axminster,and this guy says he wants to move back to S africa cos he wants a bit of sunshine and is selling the contents of his workshop . Im sure we had some sunshine last year think it was a thursday :D

Cheers Steve

Okay. Well looking through the relevant catalogue for then (yes, I keep them all - said, ain't I?) the bandsaws are all pretty good; no obvious stinkers being sold then. The big S45 is the Minimax in disguise isn't it? and most of the others are Jets in all but name. Planer-wise, not sure which you mean so I'll cover both sorts, there's a 6" jointer which looks like the same one they have now I think. The only thicknesser is the CT344 if that helps someone else give advice (assuming we're not talking about the big floor-standing jobbie :shock: ). Axminster haven't had a good table saw in their range for a while, so avoid if that's an option. Dunno if that helps at all?

Oh, and we had lots of sunshine down here yesterday :p Followed up by mist and drizzle today... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back