Axminster Tools - Customer Service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santiniuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I'd pass on my experience today and give some recognition of Axminster customer service.

I'm still on the learning slope with the turning but finally create items that gets the seal of approval from the wife.

My 'workshop' is my garage that is quite large and allows the me to still put the car in on a night.

As it's a black car I was getting more concerned the next day after a turning session to find a fine covering of dust powder. At the same time I'm concious of sometimes having a stuffy nose and gritty eyes.

I ordered an air filtration unit from Axminster yesterday and it arrived today. The model JET AFS-500 which had 3 speed settings and remote control operation according to the website. Not cheap but I keep reading that you can buy your health. £169 lighter I went about installing it.

AFS500_xl.jpg

At first I thought the remote was missing but on inspection of the unit I realised that no control board was inside that would receive any remote signal.

A call to Axminster to explain the problem and spoke to a very helpful and polite chap.

After two calls from them they explained much to there surprise that all of the stock in the warehouse didn't have the remote control or facilty for one. They said they sell a lot of these and I was the first to report the lack of remote function !

Very apologetic he asked if would be ok to collect my unit and replace it at no extra cost for the JET AFS-1000B model value £239.
Probably an overkill for my requirements but it's more powerful, has the remote facility and a timer function allowing auto switch off.

AFS1000_xl.jpg

I don't often land on my feet but feel quite chuffed and happy to have received excellent customer service from Axminster. (A rarity these days with companies).

So a thumbs up to Axminster. :D

Most of us have had this sort of experience of Axminster which is probably why they maintain a high customer base even tho they are not always the cheapest. Must sy your case seems really exceptional.

Pete

Well done santiniuk
I too echo what you say about Axminster, just bought some gear from them and a pleasure to deal with.
Regards
Steve

I'll add my endorsement to the quality of the Axminster boys. First their technical chaps will always take the time to guide you.
I made a mistake in an on-line order - when I realised I called them up, they checked to see whether it had been shipped and changed my order for me. I can think of a great number of organisations who wouldn't have been interested once they had taken my credit card details :D

Congratulation to Axminster! And thank you for reporting it. Too often people write when they have to complain, few share outstandingly positive experience with suppliers.

Well true to there word, The old unit was collected today and the new 'beast' arrived on a seperate delivery just after lunch.

When I say 'beast' I'm not joking, Thankfully when mounted on the joists it wont be too bad, noise level is more than the previous unit but is to be expected.

Just need to bribe a mate to help put it up, definately a two man job. :?

Definately impressed with Axminster, even if they are not the cheapest I'll be going back.

Cheers

Shaun

Back