axminster tool show 2004!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,
this is going to be my first ever tool/woodworking kinda show! only thing is, i need to book a train to exeter, then buy the tickets,

so this is my question, when do the tickets come out and where do i buy them?

i have goooogled for it but had no luck, i presume they are not on sale yet, hence the question :roll:

Ta

Tom

Nothing on the Axminster website yet, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm pretty sure it isn't going to slip by unnoticed in these parts :).

Thomas, I went to this show last year, it was sooo busy. I was able to lift my feet off the floor and get carried around by the crowd.

And the queue to see Norm :shock: unbelievable.

Worth going to though, but I think it is in October/November, enjoy the summer first.

Howsabout http://www.tools2004.com/ then ? :lol:

Tickets on sale - online and phone number given.

Go on the preview day if you can - fewer* people and more "end-of-line" type bargains :D

Pete

*fewer meaning around 5000 last time I went, a couple of years ago.

thanks for the help, unfortunatly i can't go on preview day 'cos i have to go to school :cry: :roll:

so saturday is the only day i can go, i would have thought that there would have been alot of bargains on the last day too....???

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom

Why don't you go to the Great Yorkshire Show which is normally late November or early December in Harrogate?

It was the first show that I went to and I found it excellent. It won't be as big as Tools 2004 but you will have a chance to get close to all of the stands.

If you can't wait that long there's always the Midlands show at Stoneleigh in October.

Cheers
Neil

I do think this is a little over and understated. Axminster/ Tools 2fausan is the best consumer show in Europe and has loads for all woodworkers. Yes it is busy however that is because it is fun for many people. The other show are good but don't offer the breadth or frankly so many stands. It is worth the trip for all stands and competitions.

Dodon'tant the crush? Your local reretailerr the Axminster stores can help.
Otherwise enjoy the show for what it is. Or visit the other shows which will be smaller but worth a visit.

The Norm visit is easy to complain about. All my colleagues and I were keen to have Norm there last year. We had been pushed by so many Norm fans that we had no option. It was mad, my personal responsibility accepted, however sometimes you make plans which don't suit all. No-one got hurt, I had a sore throat and Norm was a very nice guy.

Axminster/2fausand is worth the trip.

Hi Martin

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was running down Tools 2004.

My reason for suggesting to Tom that he might like to go to a local show is that he is still at school at the moment and he lives in Leeds EDIT sorry, Huddersfield.

Harrogate is about twenty miles away and Exeter is a six hundred mile round trip.

Tom could go to Harrogate and buy more tools, or go to Exeter and see a superb show.

Cheers
Neil

Latest posts

Back