• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Axminster switch for BS350 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philw

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to fix my great uncles bandsaw and im told all it requires is a new switch. Has anyone got one or know where I can source on?
Machine was manufactured in 1996 so my hopes arent high.

IIRC it's surface mounted so it should be possible to fit a modern NVR switch pretty easily - loads on ebay or Amazon (and Axminster sell them too - at a price!)

IIRC it's surface mounted so it should be possible to fit a modern NVR switch pretty easily - loads on ebay or Amazon (and Axminster sell them too - at a price!)
It is surface mounted so great news! Will any NVR switch suit?

Edit* for example would the cheap and cheerful attached from eBay suit?

Attachments

• B1E6C5D9-0CEA-4C8B-8493-CBF48B983B23.jpeg
    B1E6C5D9-0CEA-4C8B-8493-CBF48B983B23.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1E9E6D8E-7C05-47FD-BA27-86D1A9F0533C.png
    1E9E6D8E-7C05-47FD-BA27-86D1A9F0533C.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 314BBA9A-3435-4072-9005-F2ACC596BEAF.png
    314BBA9A-3435-4072-9005-F2ACC596BEAF.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

You'll need to look at how the original switch is fitted to the machine - especially the screw/bolt spacing - for fixing the eplacement - but in essence yes any reasonable quality switch should work.

Lost count of the number of times I have heard "It's only the switch, shouldn't take a minute to fix it" - easy enough to short out to test first.

Lost count of the number of times I have heard "It's only the switch, shouldn't take a minute to fix it" - easy enough to short out to test first.

Absolutely - a chocblock connector as a temporary bypass and just use the switch on the wall socket to check it is the machine's switch that's the problem and not deeper into the works.

If you have the original switch there should be a high chance it'll have a model number/code on the back, and from that it should be easy to find a suitably rated replacement.

Hi Phil, did you manage to get the switch replaced? I have the same bandsaw and am looking for a replacement switch. Cheers

Latest posts

Back