Axminster Stock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
All,

Was just on the axminster website, looking at sash cramps, and every single option was showing as out of stock ?

Is anyone else noticing that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of anything available.

Know its Q1` of the year and stock is usually kept low, but ???

Don't know if ToolStation would have what you want, but I've started to use them and the delivery service is wonderful and only requires a £10 order for free shipping. Prices are very competitive. They do list Sash clamps.

Aden

Aden30mm":2u3yqbq4 said:
Don't know if ToolStation would have what you want, but I've started to use them and the delivery service is wonderful and only requires a £10 order for free shipping. Prices are very competitive. They do list Sash clamps.

Aden

I agree that their delivery is good and cheap. However beware of buying non branded products as I have had a couple of items that looked good value but turned out to be a waste of money as they proved to be very poor quality. I still use them for certain items but not sure I would buy sash cramps from them as they might not be good quality.

What it might be is supplier issues. Don't forget this year they have changed a lot of brands plus new livery on machinery. All this takes extra time to sort out. What i do as i have a store fairly local, is to check to see if any of the branches have stock of an item. 9 Times out of 10 a branch has the items in stock, even if the warehouse has none showing on the website.

I do appreciate not all members live near enough to a branch to collect, but may be an option if you have one local and items are in stock.

PS
If you go to the branch, only take enough money for the items you want. Otherwise you may be out of pocket a bit more than you expected :-"

kmcleod":pppo8wxn said:
All,

Was just on the Axminster website, looking at sash cramps, and every single option was showing as out of stock ?

Is anyone else noticing that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of anything available.

Know its Q1` of the year and stock is usually kept low, but ???

Hi,

Sorry about this. If you refresh your webpage it should solve the problem.

Regards,

Richard

eribaMotters":1yi34sse said:
If its not in stock go elsewhere if you can. Delivery issues now seem to be the norm.

Colin

My experience differs from you as I have had nothing but outstanding service from Both Richard on here and the Staff at Nuneaton as well as from the mail order side
But I have not tried to order anything that is not in stock ,But that is true for any of the online retailers that i use..

If I had received bad service I would have been just as quick to point that out as well

Roger

RogerBoyle
- the post wasnt a comment about Axminsters customer service, it was about a number of items showing as;
Temporarily out of stock.
Email me when in stock
My experience with them as far as customer service is concerned is very good - though I have now been waiting a number of weeks for a couple of items.

Richard@Axminster
Refreshing the page doesnt make the message above go away, however it does look like the stock levels of a couple of the sash cramps has been updated, so now only two show that message.

kmcleod":pv38rcbb said:
RogerBoyle
- the post wasnt a comment about Axminsters customer service, it was about a number of items showing as;
Temporarily out of stock.
Email me when in stock
My experience with them as far as customer service is concerned is very good - though I have now been waiting a number of weeks for a couple of items.

Richard@Axminster
Refreshing the page doesnt make the message above go away, however it does look like the stock levels of a couple of the sash cramps has been updated, so now only two show that message.

Well aware of the fact
My post was not in reply to you but to another member :roll: who has several times bemoaned his dealings with Axminster
I will however no longer post on your thread

I recently phoned them because an item I wanted to buy on-line had been out-of-stock for ages, with no indication when it might be available. The lady I spoke to checked the store stocks, found a store that had the item, and arranged for it to be sent to the warehouse and included in my postal order.

So it's always worth asking.

hi
i had placed an order with axminster last night - one of the items i ordered was
"Temporarily out of stock. Available for dispatch within 2 weeks."
i received an email this morning saying all of my items had been despatched this morning and should be with me on monday.

i have to say in all of my dealings with axminster i have received first class service every time - wether it be online ,at the warrington store or the nuneaton store.
i will happily recommend axminster to all.
cheers
paul-c

Yet again another thumbs up for Axminster from me, I ordered a number of mortice bits and a couple of other goodies from them on Monday morning this week and they were here in France first thing this morning.
Their on line ordering system wont accept my post code so I have to speak to them in person but I`ve never had a problem and their delivery charge was great bearing in mind the distance the stuff has to come.

Dexter

I had the same problem as the OP several days ago. I couldn't believe the number of items that were "Temporarily out of stock. Email me when in stock". It seemed a bit fishy to me, so I closed the Tab.

Opening a new Tab and navigating to the Axminster site found that stock had appeared by magic. Maybe they'd had a delivery! Sounds like they had some problems with their database feed to the web pages.

Oz

If you donate to Children in Need tonight you may get an Axminster operator. ATC is one of three companies in the SW hosting a CiN call centre for free tonight. Good for them. It sounds like a major undertaking. Apparently they all are waiting for the first operator to answer the phone: "Axminxter Tool Centre, how can I help you?"

Nick Gibbs":3tfx37sb said:
If you donate to Children in Need tonight you may get an Axminster operator. ATC is one of three companies in the SW hosting a CiN call centre for free tonight. Good for them. It sounds like a major undertaking. Apparently they all are waiting for the first operator to answer the phone: "Axminxter Tool Centre, how can I help you?"

Can we donate to them?

I recently visited Sheffield and was appalled by the lack of plane makers.....

A donation of just £5 will keep a plane maker in business for another generation....

I met this guy Clifton who was very healthy because of donations from woodworkers all over the world....

Ok ok...not funny...I know...but couldn't resist.... :oops: :mrgreen:

I'll get me "Racing Green" coat I think..... :mrgreen:

Jim

Back