Axminster Slip Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnjin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
As any woodworker knows, you can never have too many clamps. With this in mind I bought a pair of these clamps a few months ago.
From the moment I opened the box I was very impressed with them. The problem for me with most "F" type clamps is that the handle part never stays where you want it to. These gets over this problem by having a clutch that holds the handle in position as you position it on the work. All you need to do then is slide it up and tighten it with the handle. The handle is large and allows you to get a good grip and you can really put a lot of pressure on with it. The build quality of these clamps is impressive and they seem very robust. I've used them quite a bit in the last few months and I was so impressed with them that I bought another dozen.
I have never tried the Bessie clamps that seem so popular with many members of this forum and I don't expect I ever will. So I can't really compare but I can thoroughly recommend these as staying where they are put and I would guess they will last many years of hard use. Of course, one of the best bits about them is the price :D which is 7.94 for a pair of 150m/m. They go up to 610m/m for 14.94 a pair and they even sell replacement pads to go on the ends.
all the best
John

Hi John

Thanks for a nice review :) . Do you have a url for these clamps?

Gill

I've used this type of clamp for about 10 years now, I get ones made by City Tool which worke out at £2.97 for 12" long, bit of a job to find them, had to order them from my local toolshop last time.

Also Rutlands do the Dakota ones which are better quality than the City but still very reasonably priced.

All these are copies of the Jorgensen ones which cost much more.

These are the City ones in action.

Jason

Thanks, John - I've been wondering about getting some of these so its nice to read a positive review.

Cheers,
Neil

Back