Axminster Show Tools 2005 - which day?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this may be considered a leetle bit early :roll: , but the slot in the diary has to be booked now if I'm to get there at all. So which day are folks most likely to be going, if at all? I don't want to miss a meet-up opportunity just 'cos I picked the wrong day to go...

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Details

Thurs and Friday, before the Hoi Polloi turn up.

I could have a lot of time on my hands by then - but too early to make my mind up now. I guess avoiding the weekend would be better.

Andy

I'm going on Thursday, Friday and maybe even Saturday morning but the drivers have got to get back in time for a party - what a cheek eh?

Looking like Thursday then? Evidently there'll be no escaping Charley no matter when I go... :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I will be trying to get there on Preview day. Was it quieter than the weekend, does anyone know?
Cheers
Not quite excited yet Philly :D

It's not too early at all: given the location, I've got to start booking pack mules and local guides now if I'm to get there by November: hopefully the local tribes will be pacified by my gifts of tin and glass beads, and I'll arrive safely... :wink:

What? Not even one nibble?? Alf must have forgotten this thread... :whistle:

Hah! But close enough to the natives to feel very brave of me.. :D

Tickets for Thursday ordered, accomodation for Wednesday and Thursday nights booked. Sigh. If only I could afford it I could have gone every day and seen everything instead of rushing about like a blue-bottomed insect. :( Never mind, let the countdown commence! :D

Cheers, Alf

Do you have to start talking about tools2005 just yet because its making me jealous, I won't be able to go this year, work interfers with my hobby.

Who is going to keep Phillyin check?

Philly in check???
The UK Workshop posse should be there in force-what possible trouble could I get in?? Heheheheheee :twisted:
Cheers
ToolPhilly :D

Waka,

Keep Philly in check? We watched in fascinated horror, the way he damned and corrupted and bankrupted you. That was an example to us all - pick a day when Philly is not going!

Well I have a pass out from LOML and a signed holiday form for work, so I have booked tickets for Thursday and Friday. :lol: I decided on the two days as its quite a long way (270 miles) and not having time to see everything would be very disappointing. :( Just need to book somewhere to stay, any suggestions from those who have been before?

I will be the one wearing clogs, well unless Trev the turner has bought a pair and has mastered walking in them. :shock: :wink:

I will be travelling down on the Wednesday and back on the Saturday, if there is anyone near my route (A120, M11, M25, M4 and M5) who would like a lift, PM me and lets see what we can work out. (I am not looking for a driver, its a company car so a bit tricky getting cover for A.N. Other to drive. Just company for part of the journey would be nice. :D )

DaveL":gzuso7sg said:
Just need to book somewhere to stay, any suggestions from those who have been before?
Pick somewhere to the east of Exeter, 'cos then you can avoid the horror that is Exeter's road system. Well it scares country mice like us anyway... We tend to opt for Exmouth; 'bout 15mins from Westpoint IIRC (can't remember exactly - I'm either too excited going, or desolate that's it's all over for another year) and handy to drop in at Topsham Quay antiques to hunt tools (The Lord Nelson in Topsham has good grub - I fully expect to be eating my lunch in there come November 9th). What are you looking for? B&B? Hotel? Tent? :D

Cheers, Alf

Back