Axminster selling Powermatic!?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Powermatic 20" disc sander looks interesting. I saw the current 400mm disc sander was at a stock clearance price, so will the replacement be the 20" Powermatic?

Bit off topic, but I'm looking for a new 1/2 inch router with megagood extraction. Are the routers on your website all you have to offer? I was planning a trip to have a fondle and a feel but the choices seem very limited.
Thanks
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bob,
The Powermatic lathes are the only machines that we offered previously as Jet machines, JPW has now made them available with full EU CE certification to the latest standards. As far as we know, Axminster was the only company to have these two lathes under the Jet brand, but now they fit easier into a small, but hopefully growing Powermatic range. Jet will continue to thrive affecting small to medium sized machines for the keen woodworker.

Coley,
Yes, our full range is on our website. Extraction is a function of the extractor connected to the router, most routers has reasonably designed hoods, maybe Fetool has the best, as expected.

Richard@Axminster":yid2xbxc said:
Coley,
Yes, our full range is on our website. Extraction is a function of the extractor connected to the router, most routers has reasonably designed hoods, maybe Fetool has the best, as expected.
I just thought it seemed a little limited with the choice to be honest. I've got 3 dw625's ( or the same shape different version) equivalent. I've had a proper inspection/service of the entire shop and decides it's the router that causes the most airborne dust. I've borrowed a pals festool to try, but was hoping for a few more choices . I'd say extraction, power and performance and my my order of choice,- and half inch. Your bosch seemed good..... reviews not so much. Thanks.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":37ppnnrn said:
Richard@Axminster":37ppnnrn said:
Coley,
I just thought it seemed a little limited with the choice to be honest. I've got 3 dw625's ( or the same shape different version) equivalent. I've had a proper inspection/service of the entire shop and decides it's the router that causes the most airborne dust. I've borrowed a pals festool to try, but was hoping for a few more choices . I'd say extraction, power and performance and my my order of choice,- and half inch. Your bosch seemed good..... reviews not so much. Thanks.

Coley

Festool OF1400EBQ has fantastic extraction but as the model number suggests the motor is 1400w, however 1400w power has always been plenty for me (I have a Bosch GMF1400). If you really have to have the power there is the OF2200EB (2200w) but it is a heavy tool to use freehand. My dual body Bosch is a great router and gives great flexibility as I use the fixed base under the table, only popping the motor out and into the plunge base when working freehand. My 1/4" router is a Festool OF1010....the best of its kind for hand held and jig work.

If you plan on mostly using the router under a table you should probably stick with your DW625 and strive to improve the extraction yourself (empty plastic milk cartons are very useful).

Back