Axminster sash clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan S

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any opinion on the axminster sash clamps?

I've had 8 Record clamps for 30 odd years and need more.

I was looking at the Record Irwin sash clamps and then saw the axminster ones at a lot less wonga, especially at the moment with there special deal ...so any recommendations from professionals would be appreciated

ps
I'm not in the uk so don't have the possibility of poping down to the nearest store and check them out.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Can't comment on the Axi ones, but just in case you decide to go for the newer Record/Irwin ones,
be aware that the threads on them are not the same as on older sash clamps.
I believe the old threads were called square rolled, or something along those lines?
The newer type being very delicate for a sash clamp, or any type of clamp for that matter.
Tom

I've got a half dozen of the longest of those particular sash cramps and they're fine; no problems whatsoever, a couple shown in action...

IMG_1247.jpg

...gluing up a very large chest of drawers - Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 121
I bought 10 of them last year and so far I've been really pleased with them. Very stable, good threads and unlikely to bow unless you go really animal on the tightening.

I'm sure Axminster are doing 2 for 1 on their Trade Sash Clamps just now, until they're gone.

EDIT... Sorry, I see you already know they have a deal on.

Back