Axminster Router - AW635R - Anyone Used One?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of upgrading my little Bosch 400w router (yes, I know!) for
something with a little more power. The Axminster catalogue advertises a
quarter-inch machine (the AW635R) for just £44.94 which seems to be amazing value for money. What's more, I've even used one of these machines and it seems the real deal. Does anyone else have one? Any comments or recommendations? What would the AW127R (quarter-inch and half-inch collets and twice the price) give me in real terms? I'd put myself in the hobby category so whichever machine I buy I'm not likely to be flogging it to death - although as a woodturner I'll almost certainly want to use it in conjunction with a wood lathe.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Ron Headon

Hi Ron

Sorry I have not used either of the Axminster routers, but I can tell you some of the differences.

The bigger half-inch machines are used where additional power and larger cutters are required. Examples are for kitchen worktops and mounting the router in a table.

The cutters on the 1/2" shank can be much larger than the cutters that can be fitted on their 1/4" cousins.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Neil

Latest posts

Back