axminster precision chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisoc

Reaction score
hi, I have just got back into turning, having done some years ago, too long to remember. I started making parts for bagpipes for a friend who does this full time, and I am turning repetitive parts. I got a Record DML36sh lathe and my friend wants me to get an Axminster precision chuck. However, it appears that they are not being made anymore. I cant understand why not, if they are such a quality tool. Baffling. I tried EBay with no luck. So I am asking for help here. Does anybody have a chuck and backplate 3/4 x 16tpi , that is anybody who is willing to part with one. Regards, Louis

Axminster are going to make them in Devon
Moving production back to the UK from the far east

Best ring them for a update as to how long it will be :wink:

thanks blister,
I welcome that news. The quality of material and workmanship will be guaranteed.
I will probably purchase one of the new ones when they are produced, but I think that will be in the latter part of the year.
Too late for me though. I want to get started turning asap.
regards

Why that chuck specifically? The carriers and jaws are the same for all Axi chucks, why tot just get the K10 or the Goliath chuck? I've got a precision and it's ok, but to be honest, I preferred the K10 I've just sold.

Yes I thought about the K10, but my mentor kind of insists on the precision. He does some light brass turning etc on it.

Latest posts

Back