axminster pocket hole jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gidon":3kgbudtn said:
Jake - I know about the full phrase search - but this hardly ever works for me - try for example "festool circular saw". It only works if you know the way the item is described exactly and I rarely do :(.

It comes up on the first page of a search for "circular saw", though.

I agree it is flawed, I tend to use it to find the right category and then just browse because of that.

gidon":w0i8l8t6 said:
I thought they were just welding clamps but it appears not - welding clamps are a lot cheaper and don't seem to have the flat faces.
Sadly, they aren't. You do need something to ensure that the faces are in alignment when you screw the joint together, though. Main use is if you have to work on site with the Workmate. I'd also suggest screwing the jig to the top of your work bench (or a handy piece of plywood/chipboard/other flat material) and adding one or two support blocks either side the same thickness as the base block of the jig - makes joint drilling much easier.
gidon":w0i8l8t6 said:
Not sure how they were charging more for it than the Trend beforehand :?
'cos they could? :whistle:

Scrit

Jake - not quite Google yet ;) - but I still find what I'm after most of time ...

Thanks Scrit. It's always worrying when something like this comes in a fancy wooden box!

Cheers

Gidon

Back