Axminster perform Lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondv

Reaction score
Looking for Chuck to fit above, 4 jaw shaft is 3/4 6tpi. As a new be not sure best chuck available.
Bit confused on sizes also as some sizes give are with letter in front :-
ie either K10 or M14, have bought and returned M14 is this metric size and K10 imperial. I know may be dumb question but we all have start somewhere.
Look forward to replies be gentle lol

I am sure the Axy Perform has a 1” x 8tpi

Dave
If it's the CCL Perform, then it's 1" x 8 TPI.

I've not seen those letters for chuck names. Axminster use SK80 & SK100 for their 3" & 4" chucks.
M14 is a common thread used on angle grinders.

Chucks
- Woodturning Chucks - Some info for those new to the hobby
If it's the CCL Perform, then it's 1" x 8 TPI.

I've not seen those letters for chuck names. Axminster use SK80 & SK100 for their 3" & 4" chucks.
M14 is a common thread used on angle grinders.

Chucks
- Woodturning Chucks - Some info for those new to the hobby
Thank you for information the label on lathe is CCSL
received_1686511971554745.jpeg

The simplest question is how old is it, or even what colour.
The chances are they are all the same, I really dont think Axminster does anything different other than give them a different coat of paint. Originally blue, then it was yellow, currently its white/red

I've the yellow version, from about 2006 or7 I think. I downloaded the manual and took a screenshot of it as i was always forgetting the specs.

You should buy the extension if you don't already have it. It gives a length that exceeds even more expensive and trade models of lathe, and that extra for things like long lamps is a very good addition.

The simplest question is how old is it, or even what colour.
The chances are they are all the same, I really dont think Axminster does anything different other than give them a different coat of paint. Originally blue, then it was yellow, currently its white/red

I've the yellow version, from about 2006 or7 I think. I downloaded the manual and took a screenshot of it as i was always forgetting the specs.

You should buy the extension if you don't already have it. It gives a length that exceeds even more expensive and trade models of lathe, and that extra for things like long lamps is a very good addition.
Thanks for reply colour is yellow
Dave J

Thank you for replying.
I measured the length thats 1"
Diameter that's 3/4" counted threads as only 3/4" along shaft with 1/4" unthreaded

Length doesn’t come into it.
1inch refers to diameter and 8tpi is number of threads per inch.
Another common way of specifying threads (especially metric) is the diameter and pitch (distance between each thread).

Thank you for answer.
Length doesn’t come into it.
1inch refers to diameter and 8tpi is number of threads per inch.
Another common way of specifying threads (especially metric) is the diameter and pitch (distance between each thread).
Thank you for you reply.
As mentioned Dia 3/4" counted threads

Thank you for answer.
These are measurements I've taken
If you don’t mind me asking how accurately did you take the measurements - did you use a micrometer or vernier/dial callipers?
6tpi is a coarse thread and not standard on 3/4” (10tpi is usual)
Could it be 1” 8tpi maybe with tops of the threads flattened to make them more robust. This will slightly reduce the diameter.

Last edited:
If you don’t mind me asking how accurately did you take the measurements - did you use a micrometer or vernier/dial callipers?
6tpi is a corse thread and not standard on 3/4” (10tpi is usual)
Could it be 1” 8tpi maybe with tops of the threads flattened to make them more robust. This will slightly reduce the diameter.
Used vernier

3/4 6tpi is usually an acme thread, used a lot on lead screws etc. Is your thread a squarish profile or normal screw thread?

Nearest I can find us a 3/4 10 tpi adaptor

Normal screw thread
Well, that's got me stumped. I wonder if it's had its headstock spindle changed in its previous life by earlier owner.
Maybe you could look to replace the spindle shaft with a more common size, 1" 8tpi or 3/4 16tpi?
Sorry, but can't think of or find any other solution, short of buying a plain bore to 1" 8tpi or what yo prefer and get a machinist to tap the bore to suit your existing spindle thread.

Like this possibly:
https://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/thread-adaptor-58-plain-bore

Back