Axminster Perform Air filter on sale.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, saw that too. Comments on it are positive and regards VFM, at that price I'm sooo tempted.

Tempted too. It's just that i have little ones bedroom above and not sure how noisy this will be running in the evening.

Blo@dy hell I paid £139 about a month ago, you really pi@@ed me off now. :cry: :wink: For everyones info, it does the job, infact I ought take a pic of how dirty the filter got from just using an orbital sander.

Do you find the noise intrusive or excessive LN ?

My Microclene sounds like a jumbo jet taking off so I am reluctant to have it on as much as I should and was wondering whether to spend on something hopefully a lot quieter ?

Cheers, Paul. :D

chisel":1kpwtqga said:
Do you find the noise intrusive or excessive LN ?

Cheers, Paul. :D

It's noisier than I would have liked, but set on it's lowest speed you do get used to it. On it's highest setting it vibrates and I find that more annoying than the sound emitted. To make a comparison it's just a little less noisy than my sip chip extractor.

I had a chat with axminster technical about these and he said they had few problems on delivery from bent shafts through rough handling (might be causing your vibration LN?) the upshot was he steered me towards the Jet
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Jet- ... -21189.htm and I have to say it's very quiet and efficient. I do appreciate it's a bit more money but I think in this case the price difference is justified hence their price drop on this model.

Cheers Alan

Lord Nibbo":2silphkr said:
Blo@dy hell I paid £139 about a month ago, you really pi@@ed me off now. :cry: :wink: For everyones info, it does the job, infact I ought take a pic of how dirty the filter got from just using an orbital sander.

I'd better keep quiet then about how much I paid for mine a couple of weeks ago when I was in the Bobbing shop, or you'll be really cross.
:wink:

ike wrote:
Quote:
it's just a little less noisy than my sip chip extractor.

... on which speed setting?.
On the lowest setting and maybe the middle setting.

So actually pretty intrusive when set to ramming speed then?

Back