Axminster-no Rob C??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Just received the "map" for this this years Tools 2005 show. Seems like no Rob Cosman on the Lie-Nielsen stall :cry: They have Deneb Puchalski down as demonstrating. Anyone know anything about him??
Cheers
Philly :D

Hi Philly,

Deneb is a quiet, maybe more reserve person. He does know his stuff and well. Very nice man. And patient. Has to be...he's put up with me asking questions and wanting to play with the tools every year he's come through Portland... :lol:

Mike

Philly":2t12pll0 said:
Hi All
Just received the "map" for this this years Tools 2005 show. Seems like no Rob Cosman on the Lie-Nielsen stall :cry:
Cheers

I'm sure that won't stop you buying something small from their stall.

Actually it might be good to see how someone else does the DT's and sharpening, well I assume that's what he'll do, shame I won't be there.

Thanks Mike-sure he won't disappoint!
Waka-Sorry you won't be there this year. Although not as sorry as the folks selling stuff....... :lol:
Cheers

I was thinking of going to the Axminster show this year (first woodworking expo) can any give me any info on what it's like with regards stalls, demonstrations etc? (EDIT: Just found the website)

Also, is this the best show to go to this year, or is there a generally regarded 'better' show that I should perhaps go to instead. I intend to only go to one as I have a small savings budget which will need to be emptied..

ByronBlack":38gzg6uk said:
Also, is this the best show to go to this year, or is there a generally regarded 'better' show that I should perhaps go to instead.
Depends. For seeing the all the main hand tool manufacturers, Axminster is probably the best I think. Plus you get the demos, competition and an opportunity to say "look it's <famous woodworking celeb> - can I take your photograph with me standing next to you looking goofy?". Or maybe that's just Philly... No wait, it's Philly everyone'll be saying that to this year! Remind me to bring my autograph book. :D Did you find the uber thread about who's going when?

ByronBlack":38gzg6uk said:
I intend to only go to one as I have a small savings budget which will need to be emptied..
For show discount, it's pretty lousy. Previously there's been 5%? off L-N and a few "show offers" on the power tools, but pretty poor on the whole compared to other shows - as far as I can gather anyway. As far as I know we've yet to convince anyone that a whispered password and a brief "I'm a UK Workshopper" should automatically result in a 50% discount - though I expect it's been tried... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Oh, its been tried........... :lol:
Byron, definitely worth the trawl-best by far!
Never know who you night bump into....... :roll:
International Woodworking Z-List Celebrity :sign3:

Thanks for the advice, after reading the 'uber-axminster day' thread, seems thursday is the most popular, I'll see if they still have any tickets, would be good to meet up with some of you.

Good thing Terry's stand is near the fire doors again; looks like we're going to need plenty of space! :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

its a shame he's not going to be there I really enjoyed talking to him and watching him cut dovetails in about 5 minutes flat :shock: But i suppose its for the best i would almost certainly end up buying some Lie Neilson Bling :whistle:
Though I was hoping to snag one of his DVD's at the show, any opinions on weather its worth waiting to see if they will be on offer?

Tom

Latest posts

Back