Axminster magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get a copy of Axminster's free magazine? A copy dropped through my door yesterday and I must say, I'm impressed.

Granted that the tool tests are far from, ahem, independent, it's all very informative. New Bosch tools; a couple of pages on Woodrats, senior and junior, that might interest one or two people around here :); a tour of the Makita factory (who'd have thought that Makita kit is made in England?); and a big feature on Bessey clamps which Axminster are now selling - with "special introductory pricing" that looks to be a pound or two cheaper than DM Tools.

Great stuff for a freebie. I know many have had less than sterling service from Axminster but they do seem to be trying.

I thought it was quite impressive - and what really got my interest, like you mentioned, was the bit on Makita. Very interesting. Personally, I've always been succesful dealing with Axminster, but getting stuff delivered at work may help, as their is a "goods-in" where everything is processed - so no white "called but you weren't in" cards for me :roll: . The additional expsoure of a large audience will be good for the woodrat lot. Inverting the jigsaw on a table-plate seemed a bit of an odd idea to me, I've never had much success with jigsaws at all, (except on thin stuff) and I'd been loathed to spend even more money on a mounting plate.

Anyway, it did make an interesting read.

Adam

The cheapest place I've seen for Bessey clamps is Xpressconstruction.co.uk I think the 1280mm K-bodys are around £26 at the mo......bought quite a few clamps from them and have had no trouble, they even had a buy two get one free for a while!!

SimonA

Hi Simon

SimonA":uf9aes8a said:
The cheapest place I've seen for Bessey clamps is Xpressconstruction.co.uk I think the 1280mm K-bodys are around £26 at the mo......bought quite a few clamps from them and have had no trouble, they even had a buy two get one free for a while!!

SimonA

I normally buy mine from Xpress but the promotional prices from Axminster are marginally better.

Cheers
Neil

Regards the GWW offer:

Despite my reservations I have decided to try GWW. The offer is good ( half price for 13 issues.

One niggle; they give you a web addy to sign up on but on accessing you are told to phone an 0870 number which I did.

Faintly annoying that

Back