Axminster Hobby Series TS-250M Basic Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carlb40":2zunlz4z said:
The Nuneaton store is showing both the basic saw and kit as in stock. ;)

sittingbourne also show stock

they said june on todays visit

Steve

DonJohnson":2nly9jhi said:
tsg - I can't see a downloadable manual for the TS-250M, so could you advise whether the saw blade can be changed from the top of the machine, as on the TS-200, please?

I have an earlier Axminster saw of similar type, and I have to turn it upside down for blade changing - what a pain!

Also, it appears that the blade angle is changed using a rotating handle, so fine adjustments should be easier than on mine where I have to change it by pushing on the loosened clamping knob - also a pain. Could you confirm that this is the case?

Finally, I gather from other comments that it has a cast iron table - mine is aluminium, and I have yet to find an angle checking gauge or magnetic feather boards that use aluminium magnets! :shock:

Don, the answer to all your questions would appear to be "YES".

I have now received the accessories, sliding table and right hand extension but have not had time to fit them yet. Hopefully they will be of the same quality as the saw itself. Probably not that good if you are a pro but compared to what
I was using it is a dream.
Paul

Thanks - perhaps you'll soon be able to qualify for the 'There are currently no customer reviews for this product. Why not be the first to review it?' :lol:

Just in case anyone is interested, I was on Axminster's email list for when the TS250 came in stock and I was sent confirmation today that it was now available. I am quite happy with mine, but it didn't have much to beat.
Paul

Hi . .'am also interested in this saw as I'm thinking of replacing my Dewalt 745 with it,am I right in thinking this saw does not have standard size mitre slots?

What is standard? It is certainly different from my last saw, a cheap Erbauer one from Screwfix. I will try and measure the slot and let you know the size, but I seem to remember reading on here that the TS 200 had non standard slots so I would presume that the 250 has the same.
I haven't got anything that I need to run in the slots so it is not a problem for me, I will be making new sleds for it as and when I get time.
Paul

standard is 3/4" x 3/8".

I would doubt that the ts250 has this- for a standard it isnt very common at all, and seems only to be on American designed machines or copies.

Hi, to add to the discussion of the mitre slots, does anybody know if the Incra miter fences would be adjustable enough to fit in these slots?
They have these adjustment thingies but I'm not sure how much adjustment they allow.

Thought I would post a pic of what it looks like, quite neat and works very effectively:

Mike

I've had a TS250 for some time now and love it. It's major failing is its dust collection. I have sealed the base and added a second 100mm extraction from this, as my X tractor will run two 100mm pipes simultaneously. This has hugely improved the dust collection but it's still rubbish from the guard housing. My machine was accurate right out of the box, all that was required was a minor adjustment to the fence. Certainly a lot less than I was expecting to do. The blade was parallel to the slots, and still is. Overall I'm very happy.

With the big mouth duct mounted underneath and sealed around the edges, there is absolutely no dust on the floor after cutting, I sealed off the side outlet, took out the inside tubing and cut off the front face of the extractor connecting piece, putting my Numatic on the overhead guard also greatly improves the amount of dust on the table top, but I am working on improving that so that I only have to use one machine, my 2000m3/hr machine should be able to take all the dust and chipings off any table saw, I made an overhead guard for my previous saw, but this had a fixed riving knife so was much easier to do, once I work out the geometry of the riving knife on the TS-250 and find some time I will do the same to this saw.

Previous saw table overhead guard, worked extremely well, must get around to making a new one.

Mike

John and Eric

This is the first incarnation of the crown guard, I am sure I can improve it some more this being my sixth hobby table saw and the best so far, for accuracy (not set up though) and now dust extraction, still working on improving it.

Mike

Back