Axminster Hobby lathe AWSL belt size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any part numbers on your existing belt? Then try simply bearings or another belt supplier, as the belt is likely to be a common size, and not "custom made" for that lathe.

I contacted Axminster and found they stock replacement belts which are unlisted on the website.
Try emailing or phoning you'll probably be sorted.

I have the same problem and can’t find any replacement belt sizes for the AWSL axminster, anyone out there have any clue ? I’m stuck with a nice lathe but no belt to drive it

Aren't they just a simple "V" belt? If so, all you need is the width of the belt; circumference which could be measured with some string round the pulleys and a tape measure and possibly the belt profile (also from the pulley).

It's a J-section 3-rib poly V belt - the same as the CCL Perform.
I THINK it's 635mm long, but it doesn't say on the belt and measuring the belt accurately is very difficult.
The Axi P/N is 400114 but you'll need to phone the order thro as it's not on the website or in the catalogue.
It cost £7.98 in May 2021.
Duncan

Attachments

• Poly-V Belt Ribs.jpg
    Poly-V Belt Ribs.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 5
Manual attached. Unfortunately it doesn't give the belt type or size but the photo of the speed change shows ribbed pulleys (as posted by Duncan above)

Attachments

• Lathe - APTC AWSL & AWVSL 700176 700241.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back