Axminster Goody - what can I use it for???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shady

As with any measuring system, price reflects quality.
It is a (short) ruler with a bubble level mounted on it and a bright light at one end!!

The laser will not be aligned with the level (they admit that online) and so is absolutely useless.

I got a ruler with a level for free from screwfix when I placed a £30 order with them (no useless light on it though :) )

In my opinion not worth the money at any price

Cheers

Tony

**Disclaimer**
I lecture in intrumentation and so am quite demanding of measurement systems and expect them to be both accurate and useful. Tony's rule: don't buy cheap measuring kit

I know what you mean - but it's a short ruler with a light on one end, and a screwdriver on the other - and magnets to stick it to things - I mean, how gadget cool is that??? At the very least I could use it as a pointer in my lectures, and fix the projector with the screwdriver if it breaks...

Oh - and get cats and dogs to chase the laser spot... :lol: Or magnetically fix it to various tools and feel like James Bond.... there must be something that'll justify my insane desire to buy it... Maybe I can stick it to my handplanes for some spurious purpose...

Tony":2siomg8g said:
Tony's rule: don't buy cheap measuring kit
Damn. I was sure it was "You can never have enough jigs"... (I'm sorry; I'm just getting my coat.
unsure.gif
)

Shady":2siomg8g said:
I know what you mean - but it's a short ruler with a light on one end, and a screwdriver on the other - and magnets to stick it to things - I mean, how gadget cool is that???
All the justification required I'd have thought.
biggrin.gif

Cheers, Alf

Shady":35la2kyl said:
I know what you mean - but it's a short ruler with a light on one end, and a screwdriver on the other - and magnets to stick it to things - I mean, how gadget cool is that??? At the very least I could use it as a pointer in my lectures, and fix the projector with the screwdriver if it breaks...

Oh - and get cats and dogs to chase the laser spot... :lol: Or magnetically fix it to various tools and feel like James Bond.... there must be something that'll justify my insane desire to buy it... Maybe I can stick it to my handplanes for some spurious purpose...

Can't argue with that :lol: Lectures AND pet teasing?? BUY ONE!!!!

Alf

Full rule: don't buy cheap measuring kit and you can never have enough jigs.

Didn't think the second part was relevant here :wink:

Now this is clearly a James Bond gadget unwittingly released onto the market. The laser is either for target designation of smart missiles onto those pesky hollowed out volcanos that appear in every mission, or its powerful enough for cutting through steel restraints just before the grenade explodes. The ruler clearly has a function in measuring out the perfect vodka martini, while the screwdriver to us mortals is a simple device for securing screws (and undoing paint tins - go on admit it) to your secret service agent it is a nuclear bomb disarmament tool. The only thing I cant quite get it to do is help in getting the girl to fall for you :roll: Perhaps I could hypnotise her with the laser pointer? Got to be worth a try....

Steve.

shady why not change the laser for a strong one then you can use it to slice the turkey , :wink: or for cutting 8x4 mdf sheets :shock:

Oooh - a little slow there Stevie: the girl falls for me when I use the magnet to undo her dress zip: which film was that in???? :wink:

Little worried about you Alf - the only one who could remember that scene... :wink:

Didn't think it was a serious question... :wink:

Surely everyone remembers every scene in every Bond film. Don't they?

Just me then... :oops:

I'll get me coat.

V.

Back