Axminster framing nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timo chippie

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone has used the new Axminster gas framing nailer yet,I'm thinking of buying one it seems a great deal for the money £250 compared to over £400 for the paslode, any advice please ??

Before i say anything this is not my opinion just my mates LOL

1.It is slightly bigger than the Paslode
2. Weight is about the same
3. gun itself doesnt appear to be as robust as the Paslode
4. so far he has only used 63mm and 75mm Nails and had only one miss fire an around 3000 nails
5. Balance was ok but the grip seemed a bit fatter than the Paslode

His opinion was if it was in use on a daily basis on site work then he would have doubts over its longevity compared to the Paslode, De-Walt guns but other than that he is more than happy with it and would buy another

I have not seen the gun so i cannot compare it to my paslode or Air driven guns so i have no opinion either way
But i would only buy one after having held it my hands first anyway

Roger

Thanks for the reply Roger I'm still not sure about it the paslode is a good gun but a lot more dosh #-o

how much will you be using it? Personally that would determine which I would be buying. I have a paslode and every time I use it I'm impressed with how easy it is to use. only thing I have found with it is that when it starts to kick back a little its time to change the battery even though the low battery light isn't on. My Dad has been using it lately and has put ten big boxes of nails through it without a single miss fire.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hi Matt. I wouldn't be using it that often really. I build TV scenery so it would only be now and again. Good point thanks ;)

I think I must be one of the few That although i have and use paslode guns I would much rather get my Compressor out and use an Air driven gun

1. Much cheaper just to buy the nails I'm currently paying £28-£32 for 4000 75mm ringshanked
2. Fires the same regardless of how fast i pull the trigger no having to wait for the gas to catch up LOL
3. guns are generally lighter and smaller but just as powerful if not more so
4. The guns are cheaper

don't get me wrong there are plenty of times where the paslode is the only one i can use but these times are few and far between now

Roger

Back