Axminster / Fedex

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

One to be aware of;

Axminster use either FedEx or TNT as couriers, and from speaking to helpful person at Axminster, it is possible to specify which you prefer they use.

I mention this because for the second time in a week FedEx has pulled a fast one on me, and dumped goods meant for me on a neighbour, despite someone being at home waiting for the delivery.

This is NOT Axminster's fault, it is FedEx who cannot be bothered to do their job properly, and who use a clause in the small print to get away with it, that says that they will leave goods whereever they consider to be secure or with someone who can be trusted...(I am not saying I dont trust my neighbours, I just dont want someone using them as a convient delivery service)

Have to say that the FEDEX driver who delivers my Axminster stuff is excellent.

He knows where to leave it if I am not here and is normally here before 10 am as well.

It just depends on the depot I guess.

At least they stopped using YODEL as if they had gone over to using them solely they would have lost any future business.

I have FEDEX as my only courier from Axminster and have for a while now.

TNT are good as well but don't get here till later.

BUT Yodel and Parcel Farce are the worst of the worst, I have had stuff thrown over the yard fence when the gate has been locked and put in the bin when I have been away from the workshop but left the gate open with instructions to leave any parcels over the road.

Tom

how do you stand if the fedex driver leaves it in a place that they consider secure, but it goes walkies. It wasn't fedex, but one driver left a parcel in my elevated all glass cold frame! I did get that, but I wouldn't fancy my chances on trying to claim- they have no idea of the value inside, but you can get a few hundred quids worth of goods into a small box.

A lot of the carries take pictures of the item left in place. Its very funny to track orders and see a Cyclone stashed in a coal bin or under a bush. I'm not sure what this proves, yes it was delivered. But who's fault is it if its taken by someone?

The truth of carriers is - no matter who it is, FedEx, Yodel, TNT or myHermes. The quality all depends on the driver you get on the day.

Follow up on original post...

Got home late last night and parcel was sitting on the kitchen worktop,

Not surprisingly asked what it was and my other half laughed and said,,,

About 4.45, there is a knock at the door, and a 'grubby guy' not wearing overalls, and driving a whote van is standing there with the parcel.

he said - this is for you,,,I delivered it to the wrong house
she replied,,,oh, I've been here all day

She never heard the muttered reply as the guy stomped off to the van and roared off down the road...

Now,,,the parcel had at least three labels with the address on it,,(once again,,,standard Axminster service), and the house has a number on the front door thats about 4 or 5 inches high,,,so not hard to miss..

So can only put this down to a dodgy FedEx branch,,,,after all, using non branded staff and non branded vehicles,,,doubt the head office would be happy about that...

I hope the delivery happened because Axminster complained,,,after all,,,rubbish deliveries affect them as much as it does us....

Must say that both the Fedex and TNT drivers who deliver my goods are very good, as it happens so is the regular Parcelforce chap; he leaves my stuff in the local sub Post Office if he doesn't get an answer. Yodel still disappoint when they deliver, the driver who comes is OK but somewhere in their system they still have a machine for dropping things from a great height! My last delivery from them was concentrated farmyard manure; good job it was double wrapped :)

Tony Comber

shipbadger":19skwye1 said:
My last delivery from them was concentrated farmyard manure; good job it was double wrapped :)

Tony Comber

some people do buy some dung! :mrgreen:

Back