Axminster Drill Press Support 9230

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave

For long supports I use these.

rollerstand.jpg

I've got four of them and in an ideal world I'd have a pair for each machine that I use..already preset to the height.

Instead I mark the vertical with different coloured indelible markers that corresponds with whatever piece of machinery I'm using. A complementary dot of the right colour on the machine helps my addled brain remember which is which. That way I can quickly get them to required height.

I am quite taken with this one though

5rollerstand.jpg

Roger

Dave the drill table is just what I was looking for, although I didn't have a know that before I saw it :roll: My next Project I think.

rsinden those roller stands are good I wish I could fit one in, too much junk in the way. A question though do you use the one pictured at the bottom of your post, Its just that I bought something simular for work, they proved to be unstable and potentially dangerous as the roller platform is larger than the base, basically they tipped over. They have been consigned to the bin but the rollers have been used elsewhere.

Bean

Hi Bean

No I use the single roller but thanks for the tip regarding the five roller variant. I saw that recently and thought it looked a good idea...now I know different!

Thanks Bean - there are some great looking products there and the prices are good (well, those that appeared in my browser! the sit sems to have a few problems).
I like the look of the mitre stand. It looks a damn sight more practical than the one from SIP but not possibly as robust.

Back