Axminster Craft AC2606B Bandsaw 25mm max blade?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Is that really possible on such as it is a hobby saw ?. I'd have thought the tension needed would be too much, and even big 16/18" usually only quote a max 19mm blade.

So anyone got one can confirm it takes the bigger blade easily.

I fancy a new saw,only got the RP 10", and a 14" would probably suit me better though the upper models of 14" are a bit outside my pay grade. £750 with an 8" depth of cut seems ideal and 25mm max would be good, only I'm a trad skeptical of it. Its not a usual size recommended outwith pro or industrial saws,

We have a axminster 350 and it can't fully tension a standard half inch blade despite the specs saying it can. I tend to tell people to drop down a size to get a properly tensioned blade on these saws. Atleast the Hobby (or Craft) ones anyway.

To counter my own argument, we have one of Tuffsaw's thin 1/2" blades on ours at the minute (can't remember the name of the blade) and it does seem to be able to tension this one properly.

Back