Axminster Craft AC216TS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the enlarged picture of the AC216 the main fence is not full length of the table top.

Then they have changed it since publishing the picture on their web site, or you got an earlier version and the one on the web site is current.

Ah I see where the confusion is. You are including the pressed steel extension table at the back.

I don't have that on mine.

But yeah the fence is about 600mm which is the full length of the cast iron top - so pretty long.

Aha, just done to confuse. :lol:

Does this come as standard or is it an add on?

How much of the fence is beyond the riving knife?

It comes with it, but you don't have to have it on. The length on the main cast iron top is a fair amount longer than the old TS200 anyway, and I have sort of assembly table I use as outfeed anyway, so I choose not to attach it.

The blade is positioned slightly towards the back of the table, but is there is almost the same amount of fence at the back of blade arbour as there is before it. Not sure of the measurement, I could find out.

Dimensions for anyone that's bothered. This doesn't include the sub fence.

Fence length: 650mm (this includes the bit attached the rail)
Thickness: 45mm
Height: 65mm

Distance from arbour to the end of the fence: 285mm

Picture with sub fence

d14b7145d86aeb9a439b283fb0cd3a96.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

On previous threads you have said you would not get another table saw, what changed you mind?

I can't remember being that strong on it, but early last year I sold the TS200 and had no plans to get another one. I got by ok without it, built the workbench with mostly hand tools. The difficulties came when building the built ins with sheet material and ripping stuff for face frames. Don't have the room for a MFT setup, so when I saw the improvements on this new Axy, I bought it.

I may sell it again in future if the DIY projects die off

Back