Axminster BS350 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its Richard here this time!

Look what I just found in the bottom of a filing cabinet...

PM me your name and address and I'll get it in the post.

Attachments

• bs350.PNG
    bs350.PNG
    220.1 KB · Views: 847
Now that's what you call excellent service, obviously not just happened to find in the bottom of the filing cabinet, but a concerted effort to see if they had one, bravo Axminster and you Richard of course.

Mike

Many thanks to all of you guys here on ukworkshop for all the help and advice. I have eventually managed to get one from " Richard " at Axminster after the company made a huge huge huge effort to try and find one. It's probably the only one left - anywhere. I am so grateful to Richard at Axminster that I'm speechless ( almost .....lol ) Thank you again Axminster------ a company who cares about their customers and are willing to go that extra mile. Truly grateful!!!!!!
Regards
Artmusshort

How about scanning to PDF so anyone else in the country in go future may get a glimpe at the manual?

Phil

Sheptonphil":436r5tvh said:
How about scanning to PDF so anyone else in the country in go future may get a glimpe at the manual?

Phil

Yes, good idea.

This thread is almost 3 years old and Artmusshort hasnt been on the forum since last august, dont know if he is still getting notices.
Which BS350 in particular are you interested in, and exactly what do you need to know.

Did Axminster ever have a bandsaw designated BS350, sounds like a Record Power model No?

I own an axminster BS 350 N
The BS merely stands for Band Saw, the number denotes the diameter of the wheels. The "N" is the model number.

I see the confusion here the Axminster Bandsaw is not a BS350, but a Axminster Bandsaw model no 350N the Record Power offering is a Model No BS350.

Nope, its not that simple :roll:
I have the instruction manual for mine in front of me, which is 4 years old.
Its was sold as a HBS350N
The H being for "hobby".

Axminster changed the designations only recently when they swapped from the "hobby" range to the "craft" range.

Are things ever that simple, I wonder who used the designation first and cashed in on the kudos of the other? I think probably Record Power where around first as they are a fairly old company, but I could be wrong.

It would be good if this site had an area where manuals could be saved for anyone to download.
I get constant email requests for my Kity 619 manual since I mentioned it several years ago, would be great if I could just upload it here.

Hi, did this manual eventually get uploaded online for download? I have the same model bandsaw and having a few issues with the power switch. Thanks all

I would also hugely appreciate a copy of this manual!
I recently bought a second hand Bs350, mostly works fine but doing a few tune ups, struggling to get it to rip straight atm. It takes a 3/4'' blade but maybe that's too big to get enough tension.
I figured out how to get to the tensioning mechanism, so please ask if of interest. It was crammed with sawdust.
The riser bar that the top guide mounts to is able to rotate, but there's a grub screw under the locking knob that presumably held something that stopped it rotating originally, a parts diagram would help.
Here's some pictures showing it's not a record bs350!

Attachments

• 20220322_100518.jpg
    20220322_100518.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220322_101429.jpg
    20220322_101429.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220322_101417.jpg
    20220322_101417.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 9
Did @artmusshort ever reply? I too need the axminster bs350 bandsaw manual. Thanks
No I never found a copy. Did you want it for anything in particular? I've managed without so far.
One thing I found odd with this saw is that the tensioning spring doesnt act to tension the spring, instead it pushes the top wheel down.

Latest posts

Back