Axminster BS350 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artmusshort

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for the manual for the Axminster BS350 bandsaw. Axminster Tools don't have it-only the parts pdf.
Any and all help appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

Hi Mike, for some reason I can't get onto this site ( I will keep trying ). When I try to access the site the program closes down and internet explorer stops working. Any ideas?
TIA

The first thing to do is re-boot your PC, I think its your PC that is frozen, you must have left the Windows open. :lol:

Mike

Artmus,
I don't have this saw but had to try downloading the pdf just to see. Downloaded no problem so unless you already have it, let me know and I will email it as an attachment.

K

Hi K,
If you could send me the attachment that would be great as I still am unable to download the manual.
Many thanks.

If you are using Internet Explorer I assume you are running Windows, in which case ensure you have the latest Windows updates installed, including Internet Explorer 11, Windows does this to ensure you are always hooked into Microsoft and only buy their software, even Outlook can't be downloaded free anymore.

Mike

Hi mike, I have all the updates incl. I.E. 11. Someone else sent me a site with the manual BUT it is for a different version HNBS 350 N. and I'm not sure if it is relevant as the adjustment setup is different. ( the spring adjustment has no metal plate covering it )The part i would like to replace is the blade adjustment spring at the top but.it is enclosed in a metal housing. Access won't be easy as I think I may have to take off the wheel & bearing to gain access. Is it advisable to take off the wheel ( with possible lining up probs. afterwards ) or is there an easier method.
Many thanks Mike for taking time out to help. It is always good & helpful to talk. Appreciated!

The top wheel should be adjustable for tracking, therefore it should not be a problem to remove it and get it back into position, but if you do take it off its a good opportunity to check or replace the bearings and have a good look at the tyre, most tension adjustment springs do not have a cover on them, so that is not a worry, bit question is why do you want to replace the (assumed) tension adjustment spring?

Mike

I think "Pike" handle, has one of these Bandsaws, perhaps a PM to him may shed some light on the subject.

Mike

My bandsaw is a Record BS400. Have PM'ed Arthur incase how I removed the tension spring helps.

Hi guys- the latest update is that I've finally managed to find the company in Taiwan who actually makes bandsaws for Axminster. I've just e-mailed them, I'll let you know what happens- here's hoping.
Regards

Sorry Artmus, I only just now read your request. I will wait to see if you get a response from Taiwan before continuing with the promised pdf.

K

Hi K,
If you have a manual for the Axminster bs350 please, please send it as I'm now totally stuck. Please NOTE it's NOT the Record bs350 I'm looking for. -it's the Axminster one.
Regards
Arthur

HI guys,
Getting the run-a-round from Taiwan. I've now had to register with Taiwan trade who gave me a contact e-mail address which I have now tried and awaiting a response. This is now seeming to be an impossible task.
Still trying though----never give up. Someone somewhere..........

Hello Arthur,

Re Axminster BS350, we do have a parts drawing but that is about it. The manufacturer of this (very good) bandsaw went out of business around 10 years ago, so we cannot help with parts peculiar to this machine anymore.

Sorry,
Regards,
Keith

Hello Arthur,

Re Axminster BS350, we do have a parts drawing but that is about it. The manufacturer of this (very good) bandsaw went out of business around 10 years ago, so we cannot help with parts peculiar to this machine anymore.

Sorry,
Regards,
Keith

Hi Keith,
Thanks for replying to me. I already have the parts PDF. Somebody , somewhere out there must have a manual for this machine....... surely. All help appreciated.
Regards

Back