• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Axminster BM78S Tilt Head Morticer (Reduced £275!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
I have owned this machine for 10 years and in that time it has been used a handful of times. Selling as I've decided I need to de-clutter my garage as I just don't have the interest to make stuff anymore and I need o free up some space.

It is a 750 watt motor and comes with 4 mortice chisels and has been mounted on a nice cabinet with a side door for storage.

Local collection from Blandford Forum, Dorset. It is very heavy and you will really need a van to collect it as I don't fancy slipping a disc trying to get it into a car.

Priced to sell.

Images can be viewed here.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNi8tjJ

£300

I'm quite interested - do you have the model number? I don't have a van so would like to see the exact weight as to whether it would come apart and go in the back of the car??
Thanks Mark

sorry just seen how stupid I look - I can see the model number now. I will get back to you. BW Mark

I can't find a manual - and have asked Axminster but they have got nothing. Do you have any idea of the weight? And do you think it would come into pieces relatively easily?
THanks Mark

Just a long shot, you could try Google image search, might find one still for sale, perhaps on Gumtree, Ebay or other. Could contact seller, might be kind enough to scan manual and email to you.
Might also be a chance, if try advanced search on Ebay, may find one sold or listed, don't know if can somehow find the contact details that way but if can, again could ask for scan of manual, exploded parts list.

The unit is bolted on to the top of the wooden cabinet and can be separated and the long handle does come off.

The measurements are as follows.

Cabinet - 60cm * 70cm * 40cm
Morticer - 50cm * 60cm * 85cm

If it was split two people would be able to put in a car.

Back