Axminster - Be Aware of 2012 Prices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has also been reported to Trading Standards (IIRC) and they didn't give a t0ss.

Cheers

Karl

Martingchapman":dmvtd8ba said:
Roger,
Yes it certainly does!
It has been this way for a long time,
Whenever I have discussed this with a Festool Retailer they all say the same, they can not give a discount on Festool products because Festool monitor their sales and will dis-own them if they start to discount.
The normal response to asking for a discount on Festool products is to be offered consumables instead, typically sanding supplies, vacuum cleaner bags etc.

I think this has been discussed at length on this forum before and it has been pointed out that it is both a good and bad thing, you can make a case either way.

Regards - Martin.

Yes you're right, I see this has been discussed before (somewhat acrimoniously) here. Perhaps I shouldn't have raised the subject again :shock: :D

Hi Martin,

Martingchapman":3dev5lcw said:
Whenever I have discussed this with a Festool Retailer they all say the same, they can not give a discount on Festool products because Festool monitor their sales and will dis-own them if they start to discount.
The normal response to asking for a discount on Festool products is to be offered consumables instead, typically sanding supplies, vacuum cleaner bags etc.

I can point you to a web site with 20% off Festool accessories and at Christmas they had 25% off accessories and 5% off machines, including the Kapex.

I have always found that if buying a Festool machine, it is best to go to the retailer and haggle so that you get something "thrown in" with the purchase. I know of someone who had a Festool blade included with a Kapex sale.

Thanks,
Neil

[quote

Perhaps I shouldn't have raised the subject again :shock: :D[/quote]

On the contrary, the more attention that is drawn to Featool breaking the law the better, andI say this as someone who has recently bought a Domino at a worthwhile discount. Obviosly, I am not going to disclose the supplier, but some will do deals.

Jim

Back