Axminster Basingstoke Store - Boxing Day 10% Off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Just pootled off down the road to the Basingstoke store, having had a couple of emails to alert me to the Boxing Day special offer at this store only of "10% off everything".

Only thing is, it turns out it's not everything, it doesn't include anything that is already on offer, so be aware if you were planning a trip today.

I was minded to pick up a naked Bosch 18v circular saw that is on "special" with them at £110 currently, no battery, charger or l-boxx. That price is quite widely available elsewhere on the internet so not that special, but with an additional 10% off I was tempted, but alas no further discount on the £110 was possible. Also, although the online system says the store has stock, in practice it was only the one display unit that has been knocking around in the shop being handled and played with etc, so came back without.

They sell the same unit, with the l-boxx, no battery or charger, on a special price of £220, but that is widely available online for around £130.

Don't know what's up with their pricing these days, would like to support my local store but yet again they are way off market pricing so, as many times this year, the business will go elsewhere......

Cheers, Paul

They also have advanced copies of the new 2015 catalogue - someone I know is eyeing up a 106PT2 planer thicknesser but was told when its back in stock next year it will be £999.96 from £849.95.

There's also a new range of Axminster branded clamps (Bessey knock-offs it seems), a new bobbin sander which I'm interested in (similar to http://www.sipuk.co.uk/sip-01482-bench- ... ander.html), new lathes and some redesigns of existing machinery due to feedback received such as the TS200 & TS250 mentioned a few times on here already.

They certainly try to catch you out and the price increases are horrendous. I have to say I don't do much shopping at Axminster these days.

Waka":qvq4z5ht said:
They certainly try to catch you out and the price increases are horrendous. I have to say I don't do much shopping at Axminster these days.

Same here. Not sure how they justify the high annual price hikes.

URGH. Axminster's yearly price increases have kicked in :(

They do have good customer service but I wish there was more competition to them in the UK. Some of their prices are so uncompetitive, some of their products are just imported tat and not really up to the quality of the price they hold, but they do offer good products and solutions for the whole range of workshop equipment.

Drill press I was after went up from 140 to 155 today.

I think they they must go in for the Tesco style 'play around with the prices until the customers squeal' deal.

I think I will go for the Jet model instead from elsewhere - Axminster are now doing that for 175 now, whereas it can be had for 125 if you look around.

Latest posts

Back