Axminster bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Does anyone one have one of the the axminster 400 bandsaws please,and if so any feedback would be great...

They are just over £500 new and I wondered if people who had them thought they were value or not.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rod804523/

Also a quicky if I may,when the spec talks about throat size,what does it mean ?

regards

Dave

thecoder":2yle3u77 said:
...Also a quicky if I may,when the spec talks about throat size,what does it mean ?
The distance between the blade and the vertical support column. (Max Width of Cut: 375mm)

I don't have the 400 model but I do have the 350n - its smaller brother. Apart from size all the Axminster series are very similar. Been using it for quite a while now and it's done a lot of work. Been absolutely fine except for a seized-up guide bearing which was easily and cheaply rectified.

The only niggle is that to change the blade means removing the rip fence and its track, only four bolts but still a nuisance. I "cured" mine by cutting the track in half so the blade can pass through - as each half is still secured by two bolts no problem.

RogerP":1kcipe5d said:
I don't have the 400 model but I do have the 350n - its smaller brother. Apart from size all the Axminster series are very similar. Been using it for quite a while now and it's done a lot of work. Been absolutely fine except for a seized-up guide bearing which was easily and cheaply rectified.

The only niggle is that to change the blade means removing the rip fence and its track, only four bolts but still a nuisance. I "cured" mine by cutting the track in half so the blade can pass through - as each half is still secured by two bolts no problem.

Looks like thats where my January Sale money is going Roger :D not that it is in the Sale :roll:

I looked at the AWHBS 350 and 400 models but, in the end, I went for the SBW3501B.

Bit more expensive but it seemed more robust and I preferred the way the table was mounted. It also has a sideways slot for blade changing.

Good luck,

Back