Axminster Bandsaw AWEFSBB

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Advice please I am trying to sell this machine Axminster Bandsaw AWEFSBB for £400 I haven't had any response although I see there's one for sale on eBay for £1,050.00 do you think I have underpriced this machine or overpriced all comments welcome Mock

It may be up for £1,050 but doesn't mean it will sell. Are you only trying to sell yours here?

Yes I have also advertised it on Facebook marketplace and Gumtree I can not find out anything about the bandsaw regarding the price new to give me an idea of what to sell it for MOCK

We are moving and want to dispose of some items and have used Facebook and Gumtree without much success. I didn't want to go with ebay as they are quite large and I didn't want the hassle of postage. The one item I did sell I ended up posting for cost and another buyer expected me to post another item at my cost!
You will have a larger audience on ebay and I looked at a AWEFSBB for £1,000 and it had eight watchers. That still might not sell even though it has that many watchers.

I sold a milling machine and had a lot of watchers but in the end only one bid at the asking price. The guy who brought it came and picked it up.

No people retiring mostly ask me if I could sell them for them but I end up buying them for the asking price and end up trying to sell them sometimes I make a few quid and sometimes I get stuck with a bandsaw in my workshop for a few months and break even ps I am not doing very well on this one the wife laughs and says your to soft your going to get stuck again mock

Watched one a couple of months ago on eBay, as I have the same model, and it went for £450 on auction. Surprised yours hasn't sold at that price. Tried persuading my neighbour he needs to buy yours, Mock, but it's a bit too far unfortunately

Im in the market for a lager capacity bandsaw, but no transport and the perfect ones always come up at the opposite end of the country :LOL:

Price wise, why I'd have thought about 600. Its a good price and you can always use the more expensive one as a price reference to encourage buyers.

Im in the market for a lager capacity bandsaw, but no transport and the perfect ones always come up at the opposite end of the country :LOL:

Price wise, why I'd have thought about 600. Its a good price and you can always use the more expensive one as a price reference to encourage buyers.
Might be of some use to you guys, but I recently bought a used SCM S45 from Norfolk and booked a pallet company to pick it up and deliver. That came to around £120. I paid an extra £30 for higher insurance and earlier delivery so you could probably get it sorted for under £100.

@mock - With regards to your bandsaw, I think if you give it a good clean and take some better pictures, it will represent the saw better. I'd also see if I could replace that wooden knob with a real one as it just brings into question if there are other missing parts/issues. And regarding delivery, I think if you wouldn't mind doing it, putting it on a pallet and offering pallet delivery (at cost to the buyer) might tempt those too far/too lazy to collect.

Here's the company I used: Pallet Delivery | UK & International Pallet Delivery | Cheap Pallet Delivery

HTH

Nice as it would be i think its a 16A and im not set up for that. In fact the house wiring is rather old and in need of replacement, not something i can afford currently.

Nice as it would be i think its a 16A and im not set up for that. In fact the house wiring is rather old and in need of replacement, not something i can afford currently.
I have this model, motor is 1500w and runs quite happily on 13a supply

Just a quick update i have advertised the bandsaw on ebay starting bid £335 buy it now £500 just in case it goes cheaper than my original asking price of £400

A problem at the moment might be that a lot of people don't have the spare cash for their interest and hobbies because of the current cost of living crisis and are having to tighten their belts.

Just a quick update i have advertised the bandsaw on ebay starting bid £335 buy it now £500 just in case it goes cheaper than my original asking price of £400
I've just had a look at it and it seems you're in good company. The others look static as well. I agree with Spectric, maybe not the best time.
However, when you are competing with others, presentation is important. I think your photos could be improved. A full shot of the machine against a plain background for starters- rig up a white sheet behind. The pic of the label looks very tatty. Leave that out and put info in as text. The pic of the tension knob is not good with the light blazing away in the background.
The text could be improved. Why is it mostly in capitals? A few full stops would help. The reference to the tension wheel gives the impression that you don't know the machine's full history. It begs the question 'why did the original fail.
In general, improve the presentation and it will go eventually.
Brian

Last edited:
I've just had a look at it and it seems you're in good company. The others look static as well. I agree with Spectric, maybe not the best time.
However, when you are competing with others, presentation is important. I think your photos could be improved. A full shot of the machine against a plain background for starters- rig up a white sheet behind. The pic of the label looks very tatty. Leave that out and put info in as text. The pic of the tension knob is not good with the light blazing away in the background.
The text could be improved. Why is it mostly in capitals? A few full stops would help. The reference to the tension wheel gives the impression that you don't know the machine's full history. It begs the question 'why did the original fail.
In general, improve the presentation and it will go eventually.
Brian
I am thinking about buying a band saw. Is this particular model a good one. I can see that one has come up second hand close time where I live

Back