Axminster AWHBS450N Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

Established Member
Reaction score
I've searched all the posts for any info on this saw but didn't glean much extra info. For it's size, it seems rather cheaper than some others.

Has anyone got first hand experience of it yet?

cheers,

ike

This is one of the fairly new saws that Axminster have added to their range within the last year - and now, with the release of the new catalogue come several other new saws (I'm eyeing up the AWHBS400N model! :wink:). That's why you're unlikely to find many words on this one although, it does look very similar to one of the larger SIP saws - I'm sure there was a guy who bought one of those back in the summer?

Personally, I'm still baffled by the 2,200w motor - it doesn't make any sense to me when even the industrial saws have 1,500w motors... It sounds like overkill or, perhaps a cheap and nasty motor... :?

The 'Trade' rating says it all, as everything on the machine will be a reduceed spec compared to the 'Plus' machines which are 'Industrially' rated...hence the price difference on the better machines.
You pays your money etc :wink: - Rob

Yeah, I'm kind of suspicious of it for that reason Rob, but whether it's still a strong, capable machine for home use - that's what I'd like to know. I nearly went for the 4300 last year when they were on special, but stepped back from the brink.

If its trade rated of course its going to be more than useful in a home workshop.
Why would a home woodworker need a industrial rated machine, unless you have more money than...................

Harry

unless you have more money than...................

t'would be nice to know how that feels... :)

I'm not entirely convinced that some bandsaws are quite up to what the spec. suggests. For instance, one of my main reasons for wanting a big bandsaw is to resaw timber for bookmatching thin sections/veneers. This type of work pushes a machine very hard, so whether it's "trade" or "industrial" , will it struggle in a mickey mouse fashion, or will it munch it without any faff?

ike":1ternt8b said:
Yeah, I'm kind of suspicious of it for that reason Rob, but whether it's still a strong, capable machine for home use - that's what I'd like to know. I nearly went for the 4300 last year when they were on special, but stepped back from the brink.

I went for the 5300 in that offer and its an excellent machine. Its massive and was a nightmare to get into my first floor workshop, but now its in I think its my favourite machine. I don't know how the quality differs between the machines badged 'plus' and the rest of them though.

Ed

Back