Axminster AT25AFS air filter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer Giles

The biggest tool in the box
Reaction score
Has anybody bought one of these?

They look almost identical to the Jet AFS-1000B which is £100 more.

I wonder if the filters are interchangeable? The inner look slightly different but as the box sizes are almost identical, I wonder......

Cheers
Andy

I have the Record Power AC 400 air cleaner. I seem to recollect, when I researched a bit before buying. I was quite surprised...... the air flow was comparable to the Jet.
The units are about the same physical size, the Record Power was considerably cheaper than the Jet. I think the actual Record filters were a good price, or on offer, so I got several.

Must be a different Jet model you was comparing to as this one is quite a bit bigger physically and in terms of motor size and CFM.

I was looking at the Record as it gets good reviews and the price is right but I have about 300m3 to filter. I could have bought two I suppose :)

I've gone for the Axminster equivelent to the Jet as it seem identical in size, motor and CFM and 100 quid cheaper and I'm skint at the moment, but I sold my Metabo table saw recently so that paid for it.

I've found some chain and fittings to hang it from the ceiling and its due to be delivered Monday so will see how it performs then.

Cheers
Andy

pollys13":uqry03pq said:
I have the Record Power AC 400 air cleaner. I seem to recollect, when I researched a bit before buying. I was quite surprised...... the air flow was comparable to the Jet.
The units are about the same physical size, the Record Power was considerably cheaper than the Jet. I think the actual Record filters were a good price, or on offer, so I got several.

yes polly i got the record rower AC 400 for my woodturning shop, i also got the Jet AFS 500 at work, not in a wood shop but in a concrete batching plant which gets cement dust in it, having both to compare i wouldn't want to pick 1 over the other, we got the jet at work as my employer asked me if i knew any dust filters that may be up to the job and as he was paying i opted for the jet, but for my shop , i was paying and as the record power is about half the price of the jet i chose this, as i said , no difference in performance that i can tell of, but my 150 quid saving was the winner. and a 5 year warranty on the record,

Oh yes 150 quid saving and the 5 year non commercial warranty, certainly was a good deal :)

It's a big un'

P1070999.jpg

I'll takeout the internal packaging and test if before getting a mate around to help me dangle it from the ceiling :)

Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• P1070999.jpg
    P1070999.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 761
There's not much to them, just a tin box with a fan and some cheap filters, cost to build is probably 10 to 20 quid :)

Looking at the filter, to me it looks identical to the larger Jet, same physical size, same size fan and filters and all the fixings and catches are in the same place. I'm pretty sure it is built in the same factory as the Jet, just a different coat of paint, logos and price tag.

Cheers
Andy

Farmer Giles":1d2184w8 said:
I'm pretty sure it is built in the same factory as the Jet, just a different coat of paint, logos and price tag.

Hi Andy, just FYI I'm 99% sure they are built by completely different companies, and also originate in different countries. Jet is Taiwan build, Ax is China build.

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks Nick

I guess the Chinese Axminster must be a copy. If you ignore the paint and logos you couldn't tell them apart. Even the control panel looks similar. The only difference I can spot is the 3 inner filter "pockets" are divided horizontally in the Jet and vertical in the Axi one. I would bet the filters are interchangeable, both have annoyingly cheap thin cardboard surrounds for the outer filter.

Cheers
Andy

Back