Axminster ADE1200 Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've had mine for about 7 years and its still going strong. Its only good for chip extraction off a planer or thicknesser. For fine dust type applications its not going to do much for you. Seems to have gone up in price quite a bit since I got mine, so it may not still be the best value for this type of machine, although it was when I bought.

I have no complaints at all with mine.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks Edsutton,
I have been trawling the net and I think its the best price for the spec.

I'm planning on connecting it to a TS, router table and hand tool, do you think it's up to the job? (hobby use only)

TS, Router Table and Hand Held Power Tools are all fine dust creators.

What is more the vacuum type. Lots of threads on whats the best but the Camvac seems to be the most higely rated at the moment the models with more than 1 motor.

Just proving the point Chems is making, I have just bought a Camvac 386 for my TS, Bandsaw and other fine dust applications as the ADE1200 is not suitable for those machines.

Cheers, Ed

Chems":23rayrs1 said:
... but you'd have needed that anyway for the fine filter bag for the ADE1200 and it probably wouldn't have been as good.

The fine filter bag also reduces the air volume considerably, still lets an unhealthy amount of fine dust through.

My 1200 now sits outside the shop with a very coarse filter bag on it, just about doubled the airflow.

I have had one for over 10 years.
it's currently attached to myy plumbed dust extraction system and used for table saw, router table, table saw, lathe and planer/thicknesser.
I have no complaints about it at all.
Mine sits in it's own shed outside the garage as it used fabric bags top and bottom.

I've also got the ADE1200 and concur that a lot of the very fine dust does escape out through the top filter bag. Even if you could site it in its own shed outside the workshop, these types of extractors are less effective when the hose diameter is reduced and so, it simply isn't suitable for use with portable power tools.

Camvac's are very highly regarded around here, as has already been mentioned. Record Power also do a good range of HPLV vacuum-type extractors that are worth considering. Don't know how the Camvacs compare but, Record's extractors are generally quite noisy.

True...but one can add the fine filter cartridges from RB Industrial that filters out the fine dust for about 1/3 the price of the ones from Axminster. I seem to be a lone voice in having got rid of the twin Camvac that I had as it didn't seem to me to offer any better performance than my Earlex vacuum.

Another satisfied Camvac customer - bought for bandsaw and handtools. Yandles seem good on the pricing, and very helpful on the phone when trying to decide on the spec.

Boz

EdSutton":32i3co7a said:
Chems":32i3co7a said:
It some serious money for an Extractor, did you pay the £600 Ed?

No, mine came from Yandles and was £320ish I think.

Ed
Same here. The Camvac 386 is a seriously good bit of kit and Yandles is definitely the best place to get one from...not supplied with any hose though so you need to factor that into your sums - Rob

What's the noise like with the ADE1200 outside? I'm pondering doing the same but I don't want to annoy the neighbours or have a sealed box that gradually flls up with fine dust and mouses

Aidan

Aidan, it's nothing like a vacuum extractor; it's more of a hum while the motor's running; add to that the 'rainwater effect' with shavings flowing down the pipe and dancing around in the collection bag... :D

A small shed seems like the best option. Otherwise, what would you do in the summer time ...When it rains? :roll: :)

These seem to appear on eBay quite frequently. I got one last year for £70, only a year old and hardly used. Even with the drive down to Dorchester and back, it was a bargain! 8)

My 1200 shed:
DSC02165%20(Small).JPG

Original fine filter:
DSC02164%20(Small).JPG

Current coarse filter made out of poly cotton sheet.
DSC02780.JPG

Exhaust is under door so fine dust is a ejected at ground level, (as can be seen, most gets caught up in internal cobwebs and machine static) noise level with door closed is on a par with adjacent 9" Expelair Extractor.

TheTiddles":3omyn6kk said:
What's the noise like with the ADE1200 outside? I'm pondering doing the same but I don't want to annoy the neighbours or have a sealed box that gradually flls up with fine dust and mouses

Aidan
Aiden - the Camvac makes a deafening racket!! The trick is to stick a couple of hoses in the exhaust ports:

small1-7.jpg

...to channel all the noise away (make sure they're not obstructed though) It's then no noisier than a conventional two bag sucker - Rob

Back