• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Axminster AC240WL Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster Craft series Lathe. AC240WL

Most important thing to mention, there is NO tailstock. This lathe was mainly used at my day job workshop as a disc sander or for small chuck mounted work, the tailstock casting ended up getting damaged in storage.
Whether a replacement can be obtained or a home made solution be made, I'm not sure. I've included the MT2 quill and advancing wheel if someone fancies a go at the latter. Also included is the original faceplate and an Axminster evolution tool post (16mm) which was used with the Axminster mounting table when used as a disc sander. I've kept the table for my home lathe so that isn't listed.
Lathe details
https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-craft-ac240wl-woodturning-lathe-105118Tool Post
https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-evolution-series-tool-post-16mm-x-90mm-101831
The lathe was purchased Feb 2020, it has been used quite a lot but is in good working condition. Bit of surface rust on the bed ways, not too bad.
Item will need to be collected from Greater Manchester.
£100

Attachments

• tempImagefUkp6T.png
    tempImagefUkp6T.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
  • tempImage3sEqev.png
    tempImage3sEqev.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • tempImagemdIdrL.png
    tempImagemdIdrL.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • tempImageum1oRr.png
    tempImageum1oRr.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • tempImageFDg8UR.png
    tempImageFDg8UR.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • tempImagebxFPMK.png
    tempImagebxFPMK.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • tempImageuOefp6.png
    tempImageuOefp6.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
I do still have the tailstock. A big chunk of the corner has broken off, I still have the piece if its any use. Ill take a picture when I get home and upload it so you can have a look. I think it locks ok but I've never used it with the tailstock in its current state so couldn't say for certain.

Bump. Still for sale.
Tailstock has been reassembled (quill refitted, etc). Corner is still broken off, but locks down to bed. Cant comment on how safe it is (and won't even guess).

Back