Axminster AC1950B band saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i am in the market for a bandsaw and like the look of the above bandsaw. Typically only looking to re-saw some timber for small boxes etc, don't need anything too fancy.
does anyone have one of these and any thoughts?
Also will need to make it mobile in workshop, axminster don't do a wheel set, but can get a frame for £50. not sure i want to spend £50 when should be quite simple to fit some castors

Not that simple unless you have welding facilities, the legs look as though they are just a right angle of metal, with no base, also the splay will mean if fitted direct the castors will be at an angle and will not run true, may be easier to buy a wheeled cabinet and put the bandsaw on that, I don't recommend the Record Power wheeled base the castors are not good and only on one side.

hi thanks for coming back, didnt look as though it was going to be simple. With my spindle sander, i mounted that onto a office cabinet, one that goes under a desk and then fitted four wheels to the cabinet. rock solid as two wheels have lock devices. that might be an option in this case if i remove the stand and mount it directly

Also useful storage space under the bandsaw rather than the unusable space with legs.

hi the spindle cabinet has two drawers 125mm deep and main bottom drawer which is about 300 deep, keep all sanding disks, belts, spares spindles in, rolls well on the floor and easy to get in and out of where it is stored. think i could be heading in that direction, thankfully can get cabinets from work

Latest posts

Back